Helmet Maker: RS Prop Masters
Blaster Maker: RS Prop Masters

Optional Information
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 160lb
Boots: RS Prop Masters
Canvas Belt: RS Prop Masters
Hand Plates: RS Prop Masters
Electronics: UKSWrath (fans), Skyminer (external audio), TRamp (amp)
Neck Seal: RS Prop Masters
Holster: RS Prop Masters

Photos
Full Body

Front - Arms at side
IMG_4444_zpsz8eknwru.jpg

Back - Arms at side
IMG_4440_zpsl2urloqt.jpg

Left - Arm raised
IMG_4453_zpsqmfkzw8p.jpg

Right - Arm raised
IMG_4457_zpspuuxchyh.jpg

Right Side Detail
IMG_4430_zpshvmmlvmb.jpg

Left Side Detail
IMG_4429_zpsgwpxwrz6.jpg

Armour Details

Abdomen Details
IMG_4408_zps0ktbuqhm.jpg

Action Shot
IMG_4451_zpsvwfjqfl9.jpg

Cod and Butt Plate Attachment
IMG_4409_zpsnsxuotp8.jpg

Interior Strapping
IMG_4410_zps7d5ayxan.jpg

Helmet Details

Front
IMG_4411_zps8rqtzn9g.jpg

Sides
IMG_4412_zpsavvmx49z.jpg

IMG_4414_zpshrg0o3cu.jpg

Back
IMG_4413_zpswkymaz01.jpg

Hovi Tip Detail
IMG_4415_zpsquscllga.jpg

Lens Colour
IMG_4419_zps7669vbhb.jpg

IMG_4420_zpsptu3sufc.jpg

Blaster Details

Left
IMG_4421_zpsdja7idj5.jpg

Right
IMG_4422_zpsritygegw.jpg

Accessory Details

Neck Seal
IMG_4423_zpsvxtvf39m.jpg

Thermal Detonator
IMG_4424_zpsg27v3tj9.jpg

IMG_4425_zps3hdflyhs.jpg

Holster Attachment
IMG_4427_zpsvwfpckdv.jpg

IMG_4428_zpschgblha7.jpg

Bucket off - Cheers!
IMG_4397_zpspxxdg6wu.jpg

Thanks for the consideration, please let me know if anything needs adjusting or more detail needed anywhere :jc_doublethumbup:

Edit: Updated body photos.

Edited by BritBulldog

Hi Paul... you're well on the way. Now, I'm not an official reviewer for the EIB. I'm only here to offer some friendly advice... so... here comes some tough love...

• Kidney plate looks to be too wide for your body. The ab and kidney pieces should create a form-fitting circle around your middle. The rear standing shot shows a lot of air on the sides.  
  • Biceps hang too low and at an odd angle. Add a hook to hold the bicep to the elastic on the shoulders and reduce the circumference of the cylinders.
  • Vambraces are quite voluminous. I think they also need to be reduced in circumference.
  • The greaves sit a bit high. An elastic stirrup can pull them down into the proper location.
  • The sniper knee shouldn't ever be under the thigh armor. If your thigh pieces are too big around, cut them down and/or add some foam across the rear to keep the front closer to you leg. This makes for less overlap with the shin pieces.
  • The seams on the greaves (shins) should line up better. Check the strapping to make sure it is doing what it is supposed to do.

And if you want to take it to the next level

• The crotch rivet and snaps should not be painted
  • Drop boxes should have a rivet each on the back

The overall fit needs work. It looks as if the armor was made for someone larger than yourself. Slip three fingers into each piece of armor. That is all the extra space you should have for a good fit. Make those adjustments and it will look really good.

You've got a good stepping off point by having an RS kit. A little more finishing work will help make it awesome.

Happy Trooping!

Edited by Addertime
  • Like 1

Thanks for your constructive criticism Michael, it's genuinely appreciated. The kidneys aren't actually as bad as that picture seems, my photographer and I loosened the belt to make some adjustments and then forgot to re-tighten it. It usually looks like this (photo taken for my original legion application).

IMG_4352_zpsjqneku7n.jpg

Your other comments still stand however. I think the spacing can be made more even on the vambraces and thighs with foam as you suggested - I'm going to try that at least before I start pulling everything apart. I'll definitely add the stirrups too. The seams on the shins are down to the "bra strap" attachments being used - I'm having a devil of a time getting them to stay lined up, particularly on the right side, and they've been driving me nuts - I think in this case I'm going to have to sacrifice some screen accuracy and replace with velcro. Not sure what I'm going to do about the biceps yet, will have to do some experimenting - and I'll definitely research the hook method suggested.

Will make adjustments and hopefully take some more photos at the weekend.

Cheers - Paul

Hi Paul, could you please add a photo of the end of your blaster showing the D ring.

Many thanks and we will be with you shortly

• Like 1

Always a pleasure seeing a great set of RS armor, Paul.  One thing I might add is to bring your shoulder bells in a bit (especially the left one).  They should be touching (or almost touching) the shoulder bridge to look their best.  Best of luck on your EIB, then on to Centurion!

• Like 1

Hi Paul

We are going to give you the opportunity to fix 2 things before we get started.

1.The top of your shoulder bells sit way to far out from the plastic shoulder bridge. Could you please shorten up the top black elastic straps so they sit closer. They should nearly be touching but a small gap is fine.

2.Please remove the white paint from your Cod rivet and butt plate snaps, they should be left unpainted.

Get these two things done and we will be away.

Thank you

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've adjusted the strapping to bring in the shoulder bells as requested, I also added the bicep hooks as suggested by Addertime.

IMG_4483_zpsfjw3n5ww.jpg

IMG_4472_zps5jb8e5h8.jpg

Paint on the cod also removed.

1728BE20-2C5A-4C90-9725-A070BE24A990_zps

Thanks for all the tips and helpful suggestions getting me there :)

Edited by BritBulldog

Hi Paul welcome to your EI review, lets get started.

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All submission photos have been posted. Your armor displays all the necessary elements to qualify for level 2. Welcome to Expert Infantry trooper!  :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. If any suggestion affects any application, it will be listed separately in the above or below sections.

First of all, thank you for taking all the advice given by your fellow troopers on board and making correction. Your armour definitely looks the better for it, great job mate.

All we have know is a few paint touch ups and things to be mindful of while dressing, and you should be good to go to put in your Centurion application. These things aren't CRL related, but we do like to see our Centurion applicant looking the best they possibly can, so it will involve taking some new photos for that application.

We think a clean up of the edges on the top and bottom button or even just touch them up so they look neat.

IMG_4408_zpsscdzczae.jpg

Also touch up the side rivets

IMG_4429_zpssbeim76t.jpg

Centurion Suggestions:

In this area we try to prepare you for the best possible chance of a clean Centurion pass.

Make sure you Thermal is sitting right your paint wear is fixed, and you go through the CRL for level 3 as well as the Centurion photo check list, and get that application in.

Congratulations once again Paul :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 1