Any makers currently working on RO TK?

rhapsodyred99

I know we have multiple death trooper and shore trooper makers out tgere, but I have yet to see anyone working on a set of ro tk armor or even a helmet.<br><br>

I know both the shore and death troopers use some tk parts (arms etc) so there is a start, but is anyone crafting the TK yet?

I'm interested in a helmet. Maybe a suit depending on price. I'm afraid the suits will be much more expensive than the OT suits because of how they are made. I assume they will be injection molded instead of vacuformed.

Anovos will have some R1 items but they have not been announced yet.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

It's not vac-formed, is it? Probably rules out many of the regular armour makers.

That's not stopped makers using vac form for both the Shoretrooper and Deathtrooper.  I think they are adding the missing detail with resin parts.

• Like 1

We have multiple people making Shore troopers.

Shore troopers have the same handguards, forearms, biceps and bells of a TK

They have the same ab as the tk, with an extra greeblie and missing ab buttons but still 98% of the work is done.

They have the same shins and sniper knee as the Tk with shinguards added yes, but the base shin is the same. again 98% of the work done.

They use same ribbed undersuit as the shore trooper.

They use the same black FO style gloves as the death and shore trooper.

They use the same FO TK white boots.

what we would still need to see from a maker:

Thighs.  We have some deathtrooper makers which have esentially the same thighs with added details that could be left out for the TK

Thigh ammo belt

Cod

Butt

Belt

TD

Chest

Back

Shoulder straps

Helmet

So work to be done yes, but a shore trooper maker would already be halfway there.

I hope that someone goes in that direction as I have zero ability to do that.  I can build the heck out of some kits, and possibly modify or fabricate small parts, but not make a whole chest back etc.  Ive actually thought of getting one of the more stylized ANH kits for those parts and trying to mod them but i fear its beyond my ability.

vac forming would not be a hardship after all the FOTK from anovos was and is vacformed and while some of the details are softer there were ways around that (resin additions etc)

Edited by rhapsodyred99

Truthfully? I hope no one is working on a Stromtrooper R1 armor and that no one will ever be, considering how awful it is. About the helmet, someone started an interest thread over the RPF but interest was kinda low. I think the member was Reelprops in collab with TheRocketeer.

I'd like to pick up an accurate version of the helmet at some point. I'm sure Anovos and a few other makers will have them in a year or so. It's definitely not the most hyped costume though. I just don't see myself ever building one. My regular TK does the job. Also the cod plate on the new one weirds me out a bit. No need to spend the time/money on this when it could go to a TFA or episode 8 suit for me.

Truthfully? I hope no one is working on a Stromtrooper R1 armor and that no one will ever be, considering how awful it is. About the helmet, someone started an interest thread over the RPF but interest was kinda low. I think the member was Reelprops in collab with TheRocketeer.

Touch harsh I feel.  I quite like the new armour in a lot of ways.

• Like 2

Personally, I really like the new armor and I was one of the people that did sign up for that interest thread.  Given two options, I'll take (what looks like) comfortable armor that 99.999% of the planet wouldn't be able to tell the difference over the restricted movement, don't even think of trying to sit down, armor.  But that's just me.

I mainly like the additional details of the new helmet and armor. I can understand some of the concerns with the basic shapes changing too much.

The Black Series helmet may be reducing some interest in a higher priced helmet?

I want a higher quality replica, but had some concerns with the helmet being offered. The brow strip should be a separate rubber piece.

I still expect Anovos or efx to offer a helmet.

Everyone doesn't need to like every product that is offered. There are plenty of replicas sold that I have no interest in. That doesn't mean I feel they should not be sold at all.

• Like 1

Everyone doesn't need to like every product that is offered. There are plenty of replicas sold that I have no interest in. That doesn't mean I feel they should not be sold at all.

Good point. Let's just say that I'm so gutted by this R1 stormtrooper that I can lose my temper very fast on the matter.

And like you say, I'm not bothered by the additional details incorporated into the armor. Those changes had to be done, and they are quite nice. If I truly despise this armor it's only for its lack of aesthetic because of how they changed the basic shapes of the armor/helmet.

Edited by The5thHorseman
  • Like 1

See I don't understand how anyone can hate a precursor. It's not anh armor. It's just a concept that won't survive past rogue one. Look at concept cars. A company comes out with a goofy design in 2017. Nine of those designs will see a car until 2021 or so. Look at a 2017 sports car and go back to 2013 for their concept. Most people say ' oh I'm glad they didn't use that feature' . Which is what were saying about RO tk suits. Did they evolve from clones? Yes. Can you see remnants in anh tks? Yes.

• Like 3

That's your opinion, that you're making to sound like everyone else's... A lot of members like it, even I like it... You can sit... Excuse me for my rude behaviour, but seriously, awful? It looks comfortable for stunt actors, and is a much better symmetrical sculpt than eFX. You're post is kinda ignorant :P

See I don't understand how anyone can hate a precursor. It's not anh armor. It's just a concept that won't survive past rogue one. Look at concept cars. A company comes out with a goofy design in 2017. Nine of those designs will see a car until 2021 or so. Look at a 2017 sports car and go back to 2013 for their concept. Most people say ' oh I'm glad they didn't use that feature' . Which is what were saying about RO tk suits. Did they evolve from clones? Yes. Can you see remnants in anh tks? Yes.

People say the same thing about power rangers. Like seriously, how could you hog a series that was designed for kids, and cry when it wants to attract mature audiences../ this world is scary...

My iPad keeps autocorrecting >.<

Edited by GandalfTheImperial

I wouldn't be surprised if we see the R1 style stormtroopers in the Han Solo film. Any new film with OT stormtroopers will probably be this design.

I don't think they are implying the OT armor evolves from the R1 armor. It is just a different representation of the same armor.

• Like 3

I wouldn't be surprised if we see the R1 style stormtroopers in the Han Solo film. Any new film with OT stormtroopers will probably be this design.

I don't think they are implying the OT armor evolves from the R1 armor. It is just a different representation of the same armor.

Was thinking that myself, about the Han Solo film. R1 stormies will stand-up to Hi-Def scrutiny.
  • Like 1

Was thinking that myself, about the Han Solo film. R1 stormies will stand-up to Hi-Def scrutiny.

If you listen to the ILM panel that John Knoll hosted at celebration this year that's the whole reason for the new rendition. In canon, stormtrooper armor is supposed to be sleek, advanced, mass produced. This is just an idealized version of what the stomtrooper is. While we all love the bumpy original, this stream lined version overall really works for the digital, blu ray era.