Heavy Weapons Trooper Weapon

ORileyMacLeod

So I was doing research on what armor I want to build and discovered the amazing and intimidating Heavy Weapons Trooper. WOW! Everything you could want in a sandtrooper but without all of the sand! So my question is with the choices of the e-11, t-21, dlt-19, and the rt-97, which would be better for a first time builder?

That's kind of a question only you can answer. It all depends on your abilities. For me I went with the DLT. The E-11 to me doesn't really scream HWT. The T-21 fit's well also. Check out some builds and see what you think you can tackle. Good Luck

• Like 1

SE-14r will probably be my go-to because it's my favourite blaster, but the DLT-19 is a great choice. My husband is working on a PTL Missle Launcher for his

This thread does bring up a question that I have always had. Shouldn't the Heavy Weapons Trooper only be able to have a E-11 or rocket launcher? I have never seen them with other weapons appear in-game. Where did we get the idea to have the DLT and other Sandy weapons as well?

Edit: Okay, Did a little digging. I see a DLT in a comic and a scout pistol? Weird.

Edited by T K

Even though it can get a bit heavy after an hour or two of trooping, I gotta go with my Hyperfirm T-21.  I modded the heck out of it with a new resin deck (sharper detail), top/bottom greeblies, rear sights and tubing on the barrel.  

I did the Hasbro Clone Build A Blaster "Poormans DLT" for mine.  I would love to get my hands on a Hyperfirm version, however.  Depending on the size of the troop and how much room we actually have to maneuver, I switch between my E-11 and DLT.

With the backpack, I am already taking up enough space at smaller troops, so E-11 gets those ones.  At a convention or something larger, DLT all the way!

• Like 1

If you are building from scratch...I would suggest building a T-21 and looking at Spool's resin parts.  Blueprints are easily available, and his resin casted parts really take away all of the "hard work."

Another option, is the RT-97C I have seen floating around E-bay.  It looks like a solid blaster(and there have been some who have purchased it and loved it here on the forums), and would not take too much to make more screen accurate, if you chose to do so.  Last I had checked it was around $100 shipped.

Again, just some options ya have as far as the cheaper alternatives are concerned.

• Like 1

Roger's resin parts http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/36566-spool68s-t21-resin-parts-kits/ are simply unbeatable to either upgrade your Hyperfirm T-21 (as I did) or build one from from scratch.  Fast service, top quality parts.  Two enthusiastic thumbs up! :jc_doublethumbup:   If you need assistance with how to do the upgrades, just PM me.

• Like 1