NEED HELP! AM chest plate discoloration

This is a pic of my friends AM ESB chest plate. She is a member of the 501st and just saw this today when she took it out of her bin. She said it is not something on the armor but it looks like it is fading from the the white to this black under color. Has anyone seen this before and what do you guys suggest for repair as she is not at all interested in doing a TD. Just in case that was someones suggestion ;-) Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

post-21417-0-80781600-1477862603_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Strick23

Thanks for the comments. I haven't been up to see it in person yet but I'll buy some compound and bring it to her this weekend. It's really weird and she is freaking out. Any recommendations on what compound to buy that might work best?

Looking at it, it definitely seems that it is some sort of fabric stain like Terry mentioned. Ā A cleaning compound like MeguiarsĀ http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/category/clean-prepĀ or the Novus 3 step polishing systemĀ 

---------------- should work just dandy.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed