Icomm issues. Any suggestions?

So I have an Aker, Icomm, and have rigged up an elastic strap to hold the mic directly below my bottom lip.  I have tried and tried to get better activation and just can't seem to get it to work right.  The issue is the Icomm snaps in and out and provides the static burst while I am speaking.  It seems the voice recognition just isn't great.  Any one else have this issue or a solution.  Any help is appreciated!

How long have you had it? The internal battery in the iComm died on me after a year. It's easy to replace but that was a very similar issue I had. All the sudden once it's hooked up started the bursts at random.

Make sure the mic is actually facing your mouth. If you pull the foam back, you'll see a white line on the mic itself. Make sure that's facing your mouth.<br><br>

You should also try placing it to the side and not directly in front of your mouth. It's likely picking up your breathing etc causing it to click.

Far from dissing the icomm as it's a great unit and works well for many and there's plenty off room in this game for all, but I'm going to shamelessly self promote my own unit TRamp facebook.com/trooperamp as an alternative. Please do take a look at the page and read the reviews, and if you wish get in touch via the messenger.