AP Replacement Black Trims and Pre Formed acrylic Lenses?

Hi guys, after looking into starting to build my AP when it arrives, I would rather get the correct kit sorted out for the initial build.

Im after:-

1. The correct size neck rim and brow trim.

2. Correct stunt lenses made from acrylic which have been pre formed to fit a AP helmet correctly (as I have no heat gun to do this myself)

I have found a US seller, but he is unwilling to ship to the UK (lost postage in teh past). I thought it best to ask here. ;)

Baxterianism said:
Hi guys, after looking into starting to build my AP when it arrives, I would rather get the correct kit sorted out for the initial build.

Im after:-

1. The correct size neck rim and brow trim.

2. Correct stunt lenses made from acrylic which have been pre formed to fit a AP helmet correctly (as I have no heat gun to do this myself)

I have found a US seller, but he is unwilling to ship to the UK (lost postage in teh past). I thought it best to ask here. ;)

Simon

You can get all your rubber trim for your helmet right here in the UK :)

Neck trim

Product No;-SWR150------------

There's a few guys on here producing lenses that will probably meet your needs,

use the 'Search' or have a little trawl through the posts and you will definitely find them :)

Hope this helps mate.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Its only the neck trim you will need as AP uses the brow trim for both brow, and neck afaik unless it has changed recently :D

Thanks alot! Good to know. Now ordred trim :-) Only lenses to go as ive got the mic tips sorted.

I did'nt know there was a ESB Elite in my Home city of Norwich, small world.

Thanks alot! Good to know. Now ordred trim :-) Only lenses to go as ive got the mic tips sorted.

I did'nt know there was a ESB Elite in my Home city of Norwich, small world.

You can always use a hair dyer on those lenses or just use a small sheet of accetate like the originals...

When you get your armour i think an armour party would be in order :D

Armour party for sure! Fair amount of work to go before we can do any real dancing however.

I've done a fair bit of searching on here and I agree that the wife's hair dryer will do a treat, but what would you recommend as a troopable good non - flash, yet see-able alternative to the AP supplied stuff.

(Again thx for your help, what would I do without whitearmor.net)

To be honest i use the thin stuff, great for vision but in pics you can see my eyes but i dont worry about that... Try getting some welders visor but the ap lense are fairly thick also.

Its really personal choice i spose.

ive got a CRPROPS fiberglass recast that I did up in double thickness welders shield stuff, but it does seem 'flimsy' Id really be after a solid thing I can heat up then hot glue in place for regular troops. People seeing eyes through the lenses IMO would ruin a great childs photo etc.

You guys should definitely contact Runrriott (Nathan) about the lenses.

He offers good, thick, green replacement lens and he's an awesome guy!

send me a PM Simon with your address and i will pop some dark green face shield in the post for you free of charge for a fellow Brit.

I use the face shield as shown in the pic using the screws that hold the ears on as a fixing,no heat gun needed as it flexes to the shap of the lid.I pop the thin material in front for a super green effect.No glue needed for this method.

No one can see in even with a flash but you can see out very clear.

-------------

The two pictures are from my TM lid.

Edited by gmrhodes13

• 1 month later...
I use the face shield as shown in the pic using the screws that hold the ears on as a fixing,no heat gun needed as it flexes to the shap of the lid.I pop the thin material in front for a super green effect.No glue needed for this method.

No one can see in even with a flash but you can see out very clear.

Simon, I vouch for Stuka's acetate lense material - I fitted mine yesterday, and it rocks. Cheers Stuka B)

Billhag said:
Simon

You can get all your rubber trim for your helmet right here in the UK :)

Neck trim

Product No;-SWR150

--------------

There's a few guys on here producing lenses that will probably meet your needs,

use the 'Search' or have a little trawl through the posts and you will definitely find them :)

Hope this helps mate.

I thought the SWR150 had changed design and now very thick or someting like that?

Edited by gmrhodes13

If possible could you PM me the US seller as i am looking for both of those items. UK supplier would be my 2nd option but i am looking for someone nearby.

Thanks!

I thought the SWR150 had changed design and now very thick or someting like that?

Brian

You're right, I got my knuckles rapped by Troopermaster and Riveting regarding that now out dated

information on another later post :(

SWR150 as changed and the new version is now much thicker.

There are a few other threds on the forum discussing accurate trim and possible suppliers

in the US and UK.