No more Photobucket! :)

T K

I have been using Photobucket ever since I joined this site (which is exactly one year ago today!). Overall it has worked but it has always frustrated me. Loading the site takes quite a bit longer than most sites, there are TONS of ads everywhere that fill the screen, and uploading isn't the fastest as well. Not to mention that I have to keep unsubscribing from their emails about every week.

So thought, why don't I use Facebook as a place to store my photos?? I tried it and it works! This means that you can now avoid all the frustrations of Photobucket and the best part is that Facebook does not have a limit on how many photos you upload!  :D

Here's a quick video showing the process which I follow to store my future pictures. 

If you have any questions feel free to ask me! :)

• Like 5

The only way I've found around photobucket is using the app. No pop ups or ads that hinder uploads. Only thing is you have to keep the app open during uploads. You can link and do near everything on Photobucket like normal via the app. Do like the idea of using facebook though. I agree would be far easier and unlimited. Great work there figuring that out!

• Like 1

The main reason I wouldnt use Facebook for storing pictures is... because it's Facebook (social spyware). I use flickr now instead of photobucket. 1Tb of free storage (yes, Terabyte with a T). Can share individual images with html img tags with different size options for the same photo. Fast bulk and auto uploads. Good browser and app support. Only ? is what Verizon will do with flickr if and when they do buy Yahoo.

• Like 1

Why not though? It's social spyware, ok, they can look at my pictures of building Stormtroopers and stuff. :) <br><br>

I just shared this as an alt to photobucket of what I'll be using now and hoped it would help someone else.

This might seem a good idea, but I really advise everyone not to use Facebook as an image storage service. Social spyware aside, it compresses all images really heavily, and image quality becomes really bad. Just look at the picture posted earlier in this thread. Sorry, but that just hurts my eyes, especially when you consider awesome amor images being butchered like that.

The aforementioned Imgur is a really good alternative to Photobucket. But please, anything but Facebook.

Edited by VulpX

GJn6hTJ.jpg

14753807_618909281622578_458537684295938

On 10/30/2016 at 10:43 PM, VulpX said:

Social spyware aside, it compresses all images really heavily, and image quality becomes really bad. Just look at the picture posted earlier in this thread. Sorry, but that just hurts my eyes, especially when you consider awesome amor images being butchered like that.

I beg to differ. Take a look at the photos above and where they each are stored. They are both the exact same file, one to Facebook and one to Photobucket.

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore images Sly11 2021

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Aaron for sharing this,

facebook is good for alternative,

I'm still using photobucket for some reason,

flickr 1 TB free storage its good for backup, but don't use as your main storage, cause anything can happened with flickr

(you don't want move your 1 TB files to the other storage if flickr suddenly closed or decide convert their free storage into paid service)

• Like 1