Advise needed on not screwing up my film-accurate ANH stunt build with filmset-accurate strapping.

veggietrooper

In short: Bought AP armor, painstakingly collected *everything* needed for a Centurion ANH stunt build (still missing the brackets for film accurate strapping system, will get those next week), boxed it, got real busy for a few years. Recently unboxed. I still have all my old notes, and so far have just done the trimming. Here's all I'm trying to accomplish:

1. Get through the bare minimums to get a passable, if a bit shoddy and uncomfortable, set of armor ready for the costume party on Saturday evening, 2.25 days from now.

2. Not screw up my costume for when I convert it to Centurion (with original straps) by doing so. Mostly, I need a quick and dirty strapping system that won't impede later efforts to do the screen-accurate system.

3. I could really use any advise on what to do first in a rush build. I'm using Centurion-approved stickers for the lid, and I'm putting together the E-11 from resin kit. Still have to glue and paint etc, so I'm guessing I should start with the blaster and the helmet since those are the things that'll need the most time drying.

Thank you!

Edited by veggietrooper

That's going to be a tough one to accomplish in two days like you said start with the bucket & blaster then reassess your situation. Honestly I'm about 3 weeks into my blaster build alone and I just started to think about buying paint but I've only worked on it a couple hours a night. Just hate to see you rush it for a costume party and screw it up. And if you are doing it quick & dirty use e6000 for the glue it's forgiven while zap a gap is not.

Wow, that is a tall order.2.25 days? I would just get some elastics and some strong industrial velcro for the strapping. Just glue the elastics to the Velcro and stick it on. Easy to remove after. It should hold up for a party I would think. <br><br>

If you run out of time with the blaster, buy a nerf gun and spray it up black. I would rather take my time with the blaster. <br><br>

Hope that helps a bit. <br><br>

Good luck!

Edited by Bulldog44

Follow the advice from Brian. Make temporary strapping with elastics. And do not rush! It's not worth ruining armor for the sake of an appearance at a party.

Take a look at how this strapping was done for a temporary set up before you get your original strapping system in place. :)

Good luck!

Follow the advice from Brian. Make temporary strapping with elastics. And do not rush! It's not worth ruining armor for the sake of an appearance at a party.

Take a look at how this strapping was done for a temporary set up before you get your original strapping system in place. :)

Good luck!

That's super helpful. Thank you!