Undersuit

So I naturally run really hot, like a heater. So my question is does the undersuit have to be compression wear or can I go thinner? I don't mind having to pad my armor to make up for it. Just curious about this.

Thanks.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Under Suit
For 501st approval:

• Black non-textured material, either one-piece or two-piece construction with no visible zippers or logos. 

So if you have any under suit that is formfitting and black you should be good to go!

So I naturally run really hot, like a heater. So my question is does the undersuit have to be compression wear or can I go thinner? I don't mind having to pad my armor to make up for it. Just curious about this.

Thanks.

Not much thinner than under armour.
  • Like 1

You shouldn't have a problem wearing a compression suit, Jim.  I have been on outdoor troops here in FL. with 95 degree heat and 80 % humidity wearing one, and the good thing is that they tend to wick away moisture from your body.

You shouldn't have a problem wearing a compression suit, Jim. I have been on outdoor troops here in FL. with 95 degree heat and 80 % humidity wearing one, and the good thing is that they tend to wick away moisture from your body.

One of the issues we have here in the PacNW Joe is we have low humidity most summers and our heat is dry. I have times where it's 60 degrees and I have pants and a long sleeve shirt on and it's too hot.

An undershirt is like 20% of that material. Ua makes Heat gear and cold gear. Just buy the basic stuff. Or search eBay for compression suit and buy the third party stuff. The medic in me then wants to ask how your heart and or blood glucose is cuz running hot on a regular basis isn't a good thing ;-) I ran hot last fall from stress and diabetes and lost thirty pounds...but not in a good way.

Edited by sylverbard
  • Like 2

An undershirt is like 20% of that material. Ua makes Heat gear and cold gear. Just buy the basic stuff. Or search eBay for compression suit and buy the third party stuff. The medic in me then wants to ask how your heart and or blood glucose is cuz running hot on a regular basis isn't a good thing ;-) I ran hot last fall from stress and diabetes and lost thirty pounds...but not in a good way.

Anytime I add layers I heat quickly and tend to get overheated with prolonged coverage. My wife sleeps with a comforter and a thicker fleece blanket. I'm usually fine with it if I go to sleep quickly, but if not I have to throw all but the sheet off until I do fall off.

So my thinking is if I'm covered with a thick undersuit and abs then this will be an issue for me. That is why I'm thinking a thinner undersuit.

Well, not much is thinner than a compression suit. The armour isn't warm. Wind gets inside it. Moving slowly keeps the air flowing. Fans in the bucket for sure. Easiest way to cool down is moisten the suit with a mist bottle. It will cool a little as it evaporates. Misting with vodka works better.

• Like 1