HOWTO: Shoretrooper Helmet Painting Tutorial. By Paul Prentice (tutorial on page 6)

Looking good so far! Btw, the CRL for this is being developed over on the Spec Ops detachment site. We have a lot of members working on the costume and the corresponding variants. There's a lot of great stuff happening with it! www.501stspecopsdet.net

• Like 2

Looking good so far! Btw, the CRL for this is being developed over on the Spec Ops detachment site. We have a lot of members working on the costume and the corresponding variants. There's a lot of great stuff happening with it! www.501stspecopsdet.net

Thank you. I shall check it out :)

• Like 2

Excellent tutorial, very usefull! I also ordered a BSP helmet, although I hope doing an AT-ACT driver instead with the helmet being white.

I assume you ordered the AT-ACT (or Tank Trooper) helmet and NOT the Shoretrooper helmet. They are totally different

The weathering you did on the blast shield is to me your best of the entire helmet. Those very subtle grey scratches are so realistic and so well "randomized"... They totally sell the thing. Truly beautiful!

• Like 2

I assume you ordered the AT-ACT (or Tank Trooper) helmet and NOT the Shoretrooper helmet. They are totally different

I think (I may be wrong) the AT-ACT driver is not the same as the tank trooper. The AT-ACT driver is a black and white version of the Shoretrooper. I am sure I saw a toy of it somewhere.

Edited by mr paul

The weathering you did on the blast shield is to me your best of the entire helmet. Those very subtle grey scratches are so realistic and so well "randomized"... They totally sell the thing. Truly beautiful!

Thank you. The forehead is a very pleasing aesthetic in the design of this helmet. The coloured logo in the corner really sets it off. Painting it was fun and it is hard not to over do the scratches etc. I am pleased you appreciate it,, cheers.

I think (I may be wrong) the AT-ACT driver is not the same as the tank trooper. The AT-ACT driver is a black and white version of the Shoretrooper. I am sure I saw a toy of it somewhere.

Ah, you may be right there. I thought I read early reports that the images were just a mock up, but there are pictures and videos out and about now of the white 'shoretrooper'

• Like 1

Ah, you may be right there. I thought I read early reports that the images were just a mock up, but there are pictures and videos out and about now of the white 'shoretrooper'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYIh3w81b68

Yes, I was referring to that toy. I hope it's going to be in rogue one, I really like the color scheme and I prefer the shoretrooper helmet over the hovertank trooper helmet. I guess I'm biased to white armor :D .

AT-ACT%20Driver_zpsbruxzs97.jpg

Edited by ScaryGuy