TK Storage

The Husky bins are great for storage. Hold everything, just a bit heavy to load into a vehicle. I also use just a clear bin I got at Walmart for $10 that fits easy in the trunk of my car.

A lot of it depends on what type of vehicle you have, Garrett.  If you have a truck, I would go with this:  http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-37-in-Mobile-Job-Box-209261/203668066 I can fit my entire kit (bucket included) into it.  It also has a cool tray inside to hold things like your gloves, Trooper emergency kit, neck seal, etc.

I have a few costumes, I find suitcases the cheaper option, can fit a TK in one nicely if you pack just right, the FOTK takes a little more room so I use a suitcase and a carryon bag. For the buckets I use helmet bags but usually keep them on display while not trooping

I have a few costumes, I find suitcases the cheaper option, can fit a TK in one nicely if you pack just right, the FOTK takes a little more room so I use a suitcase and a carryon bag. For the buckets I use helmet bags but usually keep them on display while not trooping

A few costumes?  You are being modest, Glen.. I figured you had a warehouse somewhere!   :lol:

Hello, I drive a scion xd and this guy fits in the back. Everything fits inside including helmet. When I first purchased it, I had a corolla and it easily fit in the back seat. A couple of peeps in my garrison use this bin as well. It's pretty sturdy, so far I have 12 troops in various terrain and distances from car to dressing room and the wheels haven't fallen off yet. :) Lastly while my back doesn't appreciate it, it will even support my kiddos when they usually want to "catch a ride" on it. They will sit at the very end of it as I get stuck pulling them around.<br><br>

<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=Sterilite%2040%20Gallon%20Wheeled%20Industrial%20Tote-%20Black'>https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=Sterilite%2040%20Gallon%20Wheeled%20Industrial%20Tote-%20Black</a>

A lot of it depends on what type of vehicle you have, Garrett.  If you have a truck, I would go with this:  http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-37-in-Mobile-Job-Box-209261/203668066 I can fit my entire kit (bucket included) into it.  It also has a cool tray inside to hold things like your gloves, Trooper emergency kit, neck seal, etc.

I just got one of these, too. I love having a lock on it.

I just got one of these, too. I love having a lock on it.

To be honest, unless you store your bin in an area that is accessible to the public during a troop, (rare) you really won't need to lock it.  We tend to be a very honest bunch of folks, and look out for each other's stuff as we do our own.

• Like 1

I really like the Husky 50 gal. tote I have. They are very popular with many members and hold everything.

As you can see, there is plenty of room.

It looks so.... naked, James!  PM me your address and I will send you a few decals and such to get you started.

Canadian army pelican case.

14724416_1492857657407777_66805031526788

This box is a beast. Totally badass and stable as nothing else. Most people in our Garrison use Stanley boxes and are jealous of my pelican case. :D

Edited by Ripper_L

• 1 month later...

The Husky 50 gal. mobile storage bins are no longer available. They where sold at Home Depot. Not online or at stores. Stanley is a good bin, if you are looking.

My wife just bought one on Thursday for Rogue One opening. Maybe they are just out of stock while the Christmas stuff in in the store.

After having both of them I prefer the Sterilite 40 Gal one.

70eb8590-bf99-4914-afb2-c80a5733628f_1.0

I can fit everything but my bucket and is is so much smaller and lighter than the Husky.

• Like 1

My wife just bought one on Thursday for Rogue One opening. Maybe they are just out of stock while the Christmas stuff in in the store.

After having both of them I prefer the Sterilite 40 Gal one.

70eb8590-bf99-4914-afb2-c80a5733628f_1.0

I can fit everything but my bucket and is is so much smaller and lighter than the Husky.

These are great (and cheap)! I need a new top though because I cracked mine when I sat on it (not recommended). At $20, might just get a new bin. ;)
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone assist with the model number of the Pelican case?  Is it 1630?  Thanks.

I'm not sure, but be prepared for SERIOUS sticker shock.  That case likely costs MORE than your armor.

I like the Husky 55 gal job boxes, personally.  Holds everything and then some.  Easy to cart around, even over less-than-perfect terrain.  Heavy, and you need a car that'll fit them, but well worth it if you can!

20160719131304-3eb1ac90-me.jpg

20170114003950-1e4684c6-me.jpg

(and yes, I did emulate VancouverTrooper's paint scheme, with permission!)

• Like 2

• 5 years later...

Getting to the point now that I want to have a good storage and transportation bin.  I see on this thread that this bin "does not" fit the helmet but then "does" fit the helmet so can anyone clarify 100% that it would fit everything?   I can get this locally which is about the first thing in this journey that I can.  I want to fit everything though even if the helmet ends up on display in the house when not being worn.  I would eventually put some decals and ID on it of course.

31244837 | Walmart Canada

For ease and transportation I normally use a suit case, everything but the helmet fit's in and I carry a helmet bag. I do have a giant Stanley box that I use for air transportation, it's sturdy and won't get squashed, but did get a wheel knocked off one year, it's a great box just a little big to carry in some cars and also a pain to lift up stairs.

Tq0r9dQ.jpg

75442913_2505038129769263_4906903610584989696_n.thumb.jpg.46ad470770b004ad5e63747c536fe4ff.jpg

Lots of threads on storage

I use a Stanley BigMax mobile tool box. A bit of Tetris and it fits a full TK plus helmet. Most importantly it fits in the boot of my car (a VW Golf)

https://www.stanleytools.com.au/products/detail/PRODUCTS/STORAGE/Tool+boxes/FatMax%C2%AE+ProMobile+JobChest%E2%84%A2

I believe many, if not most, of our US brethren use Husky cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk