Imperial Mando's

DTCorvus

Since we will be seeing Mandalorian's who are members of the Imperial armed forces in Star Wars Rebels, I would hope that they don't get a "BH" TKID tag. These guys are not bounty hunters they are more of a spec ops group. Like the inquisitors being a part of Flagship Eclipse, when they should also be members of Spec Ops with the DS tag. <br>

As a member of the Mercs, I kind of find it an insult that all on screen Mando's are BH. The only Mando BH's should be Boba and Jango. The Death Watch should be at least a DZ tag<br><br>

Any thought on the matter?

99.9999999% it will get a BH designation.

There's just not enough of us on the DW and non-Bossk/Boba/Jango/etc etc canon Mandos to justify a new Detachment.

Spec ops would be a good place to put them with maybe a "TM" ID code

Nothing should be spec ops except imperials. Mando mercs are not imperials. They are hired guns. Bh. Death watch are not denizens. Flagship eclipse maybe. But not spec ops. The mandos in rebels who are working for the imperials are attached to, seconded to, or paid by an imperial unit. Still Bh with open ended contracts.

Nothing should be spec ops except imperials. Mando mercs are not imperials. They are hired guns. Bh. Death watch are not denizens. Flagship eclipse maybe. But not spec ops. The mandos in rebels who are working for the imperials are attached to, seconded to, or paid by an imperial unit. Still Bh with open ended contracts.

I'm just taking in consideration what is known at this point from what Fenn Rau has said in the trailer, " their Mandalorian's who serve the empire." I'm speculating that these are the Night Owls and members of the Death Watch who survived the Seige of Mandalore, as described by Dave Filoni. Since Mandalorian's are trained warriors and that originally what we know as Boba Fett was a Stormtrooper Super Commando in Ralph McQurray concept art, would be an elite group unlike Krennic's Death Troopers in Rogue One. Spec ops is shirt for Special Opperation and those would be anyone who is a member of the empire with a specific set of skill that goes beyond your standard trooper. I surmise that after the Seige of Mandalore the surviving members of the Death Watch were given a choice of joining the Empire or being set to death. In the old EU it was said that the Cuy'val Dar, a group of Mandalorian's were the ones who trained the clones and as stated by Captain Rex in Rebels Fenn Rao trained the Clone pilots and led a squad during the Clone War.

So as for working for the highest bidder, that's not always the case. In the case if the Protectors of Concord Dawn, they were loyal to the Empire so that the Empire wouldn't interfere with their territory. Think of it like North Korea and China. North Korea aligned them selves with China so that they wouldn't be invaded and so that they could utilized China's resources. Now we really won't find out what has happened till the episode airs and the whole story is given. Then it's up to the 501st council to set where they go and what designation they are given. I personally would like if they would not go with what's easy and give them the BH designation. That seems to be profiling and in certain circumstances classist.