Wait..What? Is that allowed?

So, I have this issue. My glove armor is too long for my arms. I saw an image of someone cutting off excess from the front around the wrist to fit their arms, and...I didn't know that was allowed. Or is it? I don't want to risk doing MORE wrong with my armor, but I'd love it if my gloves weren't digging into my elbow joints at all times. I already had to take almost 6 inches off my thigh armor to fit my thighs and clear my knees, but that I could trace the cut with and make right. This one worries me aesthetically.

If cutting the wrists down is allowed, it'll make my day.

I have an idea of what's going on but if you could post photos showing your entire arm in armor might help us better. Photo with your arm straight and bent at a 90 degree.

• Like 1

We know that some members have cut them shorter. Meaning cutting off one of the many boxes running down the side. members under 5'5" would surely have to trim theirs down. But yes, photos of your problem will help greatly in insuring what you need is done right. :)

I had to remove from the wrist end, one block of the forearm to fit properly. Still achieved Centurion. I'm 5'7" and 165lbs. I also had to remove about 1 1/4" from the top of the thighs to fit properly.

If you remove material on the elbow side following a 45 degree cut you may not need to heavily alter the wrist side. In addition, by removing all the return edge at the wrist side (a Centurion requirement) and squaring off the remaining edge you'll create some extra space there also.   

gallery_12157_59_74335b.jpggallery_12157_59_23801_1.jpg