Telethon Kids Carnival Day 1

gmrhodes13

DSS TROOP REPORT

EVENT: Telethon Kids Carnival Day 1

DATE: 15th October

TIME: 9.30 am to 5pm

LANDSCAPE/WEATHER: Indoors

TROOPERS:

TK85421 - Q, TB13310 - Liz, CC79969 - Daniel, TI22414 - Sinead, SL51164 - Stuart, TI10996 - Jo, TK5841 - Wilson, TR40515 - Mel , SL98593 - Garry

WRANGLER: Corinne, Michael, Stuart, Liz

REPORT: Troops started arriving from 8am, invigartated and ready for a full weekend of younglings attention. This year we were allocated a space and the organiser was very excited to have the Chiverton's speeder bike on display, thank you again Michael and Corrine for coming in Friday afternoon to set up the display.

The news of younglings in cues waiting for the doors to open prompted troops to kit up early and make an early appearance, we walked the lines until the doors opened. Troops manned several positions, in the foyer, around the carnival and next to the speeder bike which had steady line for photos all day.

It didn't take long for a resident Churro Chaser Chivo to strike.

The Imperial Basketball team hit the Wildcat net at 12.30, the pressure on our Biker Liz the previous years winner was too much and she couldn't retain here crown, at least Daniel showed the other mascots how it was done sinking 2 baskets, with Sinead closly behind, well done.

We posed for photos with a few of the maskots during the day, Vader and Guard with the Bendigo Pig and I with Fat Cat.

An interesting time in the foyer in the afternoon just next to the wine and food festival, occasionally getting a whiff of alcohol stuck in my helmet. I was accosted several times by some very giggly young ladies (and I use that term loosely ;) ), I didn't know hands could get in to that many places of the armor.

Most of the troopers had kitted down and departed by @3pm and Stuart seeing me trooping solo decided to kit up and see out the rest of the afternoon along my side.

M'Lord was presented a special card made by one of the younlings, to which we all continually heard about, on and on and on ;).

Lots of people fell for the double team mannequin display, with screams and laugher heard up and down the foyer, he was also blown a few kisses from a young lady, luckily this happened just before Em had arrived ;).

We called it a day with only a few minutes until the doors closing.

A celebrationary drink was in order with the last few remaining troops at the Metro Bar.

A great first day, thank you all who attended and a special thanks once again to Michael and Corinne.

Looking forward to Day 2

INJURIES: more than the usual few aches and pains

CASUALTIES: none

ARMOR REPAIRS: A small piece of speeder bike motor needs attaching, magnets this time as it just a piece that seems to get a lot of abuse.

HAPPY PEOPLE: everyone

UNHAPPY PEOPLE: none

MISSION STATUS: complete

REPORT BY: TK85421

A few photos

tel168.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated
  • Like 1