Installing Foam Padding for Armor Pieces

Hello all....I'm looking to install foam padding...more specifically this https://www.walmart.com/ip/Morning-Glory-Foam-Seat-Cushions-4-Pack-16-L-x-16-W-x-1-H/19397511 in to armor pieces, such as my biceps, thighs, and behind the sniper plate. 

I'm wondering what the best way to adhere it to the armor is....Duct tape would leave a residue....hot glue could warp/melt the armor.  I made a set of mICH pads with this foam and an old t-shirt...and have those adhered into my helmet with industrial strength adhesive backed velcro.  I'm thinking this would work the same for the foam; however, I'm not sure how well the foam would adhere to the velcro. 

Any ideas?

I use E6000 and glue Velcro to both sides, foam and armor, find it is nice to be able to take them out and wash from time to time, can also adjust for comfort

• Like 2

I used E6000 to add the loop side of some velcro to the armour and then added the hook side to the foam with contact cement.  Means I was able to adjust the fit easily and I can replace it if it wears out.

Unless your biceps and thighs are really loose, (they shouldn't be) I would hold off on using the foam for these.  They should fit comfortably, but not too tight, allowing for a good range of movement.  The place that I and many others use it is behind the front of the calves to keep them from shifting sideways, but keep it below the sniper knee plate, where it can't be seen.  A piece 1 1/2 or 2 inches wide, 1 inch thick, and 8 to 10 inches long attached with Velcro should do the trick.

• Like 1

The thighs are snug...but comfortable.  The biceps are able to slide up and down freely (1 finger slides under the armor but not much else.  I don't have bicep hooks or them strapped to the shoulder bells...which is still something I could do.  It's just easier to add in some foam and let them sit comfortably and not have to worry about extra strapping...

I'll probably go the Velcro route if I can and see if that works.  

Industrial strength Velcro.  I tried using E6000 and even Zap-A-Gap (even though I hate that stuff with a passion) on the foam in my forearms and it just wouldn't stay.  Since I put the Velcro on them, they haven't budged, and it's easy to reposition later if you need to.

Edited by mgb1016