Rocket's AM 2.0 ANH Stunt Build (with YouTube video as well)

Hey everyone!  I'm super stoked about starting my very own build thread.  Along with that, I'm going to document my experiences in a new YouTube channel called "That Stormtrooper."  Right now I'm just a freaked out beginner, sort of like everyone seems to start, and I'm joining two hobbies in one, YouTube and Star Wars costuming.  Hope you enjoy it and subscribe.

The vital details.

What

AM 2.0 from Troopergear ANH 'Stunt' build.

My stats

6'2" 225lbs. 

My new supplies, so far

Lexan curved, 5-1/2" scissors

Tandy "Line 24" steel snaps

Tandy factory line 24 snap setter

Dritz heavy duty snap pliers

Plasti Dip aerosol rubber coating (for the bucket)

BBB Day pic

bbb.jpg

BBB Open:

IMG_4049.jpg

Standard autopsy pic:

IMG_4358.jpg

• Like 1

Cool! This is a fun format to follow your build! Best of luck. :)

Yea, I figured, why not?  I'll keep this up to date, too, it's way easier.  Video takes a bit of work.  I already see stuff I messed up, too.  Ep. 2 improvements!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Well, I'd love to say I was off saving the world in the time I've missed, but sadly that's not the case.  What I can tell you is I'm gearing up in a major way to try to get this thing completed, and....I posted another episode.  Hope you like it.  (Also, I find it disturbing how huge the thumbnail is, but whaddya gonna do, lol)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not a big deal. You can just cut where you need to make it fit, then the cover strip will cover up any uneven edge. Make the cover strip long enough to go to the end of the longest piece. Or you can trim it even, since it’ll all be covered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually figured it out, and it came out pretty even.  Thanks for the input.

Next Stupid Question alert, I put a cover strip on the outside of the forearm seams eventually, right?  It's hard to tell what cover strips are going on in a lot of different build pics.

Yes. All of your limbs have cover strips that are visible in two spots (front and rear). Biceps, forearms, thighs and shins. I put inner strips on for strength in all my pieces as well, but that’s up to the builder since they aren’t seen. Strongly suggest them on the shins, though, because of the way they open and close. It puts a lot of stress on that joint that runs down the frontz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, BuckeyeTrooper said:

The AM 2.0 biceps are a bit of a pain, I still am not a huge fan of how mine fit. But did a lot of hot water bath attempts to make them more rounded and less U shaped.

I'm so glad you mentioned that, it's exactly what I was experiencing.  I was even questioning what direction the bicep pieces were supposed to turn.  They absolutely do not fit well with the "curvy part" turned in toward your side, and the glued on strip facing forward.  Did you do the shaping of the pieces after trimming, or before?

• 2 years later...

Hey guys, I’m still alive!  I went on major hiatus, but I’m back and pushing at getting my armor done.  Anyway, here’s my next trouble spot.  I’m not sure what side the lower legs are supposed to be on.  I took a picture of what I think it’s supposed to look like, and this pic would be as if you were looking directly at the trooper’s legs from the front.  Does the “curvy part” of the lower leg belong on the inside?  It seems like it should to me.  Also, although it’s difficult to see in the pic, each upper left is higher than the upper right.  This seems lopsided, but I really can’t see the legs looking correct any other way.

D09BF455-9E0D-4B16-99C1-A9CC538F31D7.jpeg