Helmet Speakers

MrKite6

Im working on a Kylo Ren build and I'm planning on installing a voice changer into my helmet and would like to try to have the entire system be in the helmet.

I've heard there are many different systems that the Stormtroopers use for their helmets and wondered if anyone had any recommendations/advice/etc. for fitting speakers into the helmets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your best bet for that would probably be to create an account and introduce yourself at the Sith Lord Detachment: http://forum.501stsithlords.com/.  There may be a few here who also have that costume, but you can definitely get a lot more specific info. there.  

I believe most troopers with speakers in their helmets use either small speakers (that would still be too large for a Kylo helmet) or Hovi tip speakers, which of course also aren't really well-suited for a Kylo helmet.  We just have a lot more elbow room to work with in our buckets.  You need room for speakers, possibly an amp (if the speakers aren't self-powered), the mic, a power source, and whatever is doing the voice processing.  That's a lot to fit into something as close-fitting as a KR mask.

I'm not saying it can't be done, but given the differences in working space, I'm not sure how much TK experience is going to help with your needs.  Every speaker I've seen that fits into a TK helmet would be pretty hard to fit into a KR helmet.  An amp might fit (like Ukswrath's amp for his Hovi speakers).  And his Hovi speakers could possibly be shaved down to fit a smaller space, but be warned that they don't put out high volume, and bass is lacking, which is fine for the restricted "radio" compressed sounds we make, but KR needs a little more bass oomf, if I'm not mistaken.  But maybe not?

Do you have an actual KR voice processor already?

• Like 2

I have the Velleman in mind but not in hand.

I'm not gonna be devastated if I can't fit the whole system in my helmet, but I wanna see and try and figure it out before going with hiding the speaker in the scarf, as it seems a few Kylos do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk