Thoughts on this Ebay Kit

DisneyStorm

$1,250 + tax?  For a newbie who is very much the opposite of handy.  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, as I have read many threads about staying away from Ebay.

Thank you,

Sean

Pictures are of actual items that you will receive. 

The Imperial Stormtrooper:

One of the most iconic characters in cinematic history, and was an instant classic in 1977 when they blasted onto the silver screen.  Forty years later, it's still one of the most easily recognizable icons of the modern era of sci-fi. 

With Rogue One:  A Star Wars Story coming out this December, this style of Stormtrooper costume will look impressive, most impressive for the premiere of this tie-in to A New Hope.  

2017 will mark the 40th anniversary of A New Hope, which, as noted, this costume is detailed to be screen-accurate for.  This costume will be perfect for any celebration of the 40th anniversary. 

Also, Halloween is extremely close.  This costume is great for costume parties, trick-or-treating with the kids, and costume contests.  Wherever you go, you are certain to draw attention as you "move along."    

This armor is great for conventions and costume parties year-round.  Formal white armor never goes out of style and is also perfect for display in anyone's geek or man cave. 

Note:  

This kit was a 501st approved armor and has since been retired but still surpasses required standards for approval when worn properly.  

There is no need to get a kit that you're going to have to buy tools, clamps, then trim, glue, paint, detail, make harnesses, etc.  This item comes already done and is 1:1 scale, but some adjustment may be necessary for the wearer.

Shipping and Handling;

Boxed and Ready To Ship!! (with fast shipping!!!!)

Shipping cost is free but will be Priority and includes tracking with insurance.

WILL NOT SHIP OUTSIDE OF THE CONTINENTAL (LOWER 48) UNITED STATES. 

Sorry for any inconvenience to international customers, but items like this are difficult to deal with both in customs and shipping.

This Ebay Listing Contains:

Helmet properly assembled and hand-painted details (no cheap decals) to match A New Hope (Episode IV) Stormtrooper, 

Screen-accurate helmet cast from a screen lineage helmet.

Helmet is 1:1 scale screen-accurate to A New Hope stunt (standard stormtrooper) style:

• accurate hand-painted details 
  • proper rubber gaskets (neck s-trim)
  • Hovi mic tips (screen accurate)
  • custom interior finish
  • helmet is made of white ABS 0.80 gauge
  • cast from a screen lineage helmet
  • proper green flat lenses

Armor is white ABS 0.80 gauge.  This is a high-quality polymer-based material that requires no paint and is basically worry-free.  The movie armor was made from the same materials.

The armor is ready-to-wear and has a snap harness instead of Velcro, because Velcro sometimes fails.

1:1 Scale Armor Included:

• chest plate
  • back plate
  • kidney plate
  • ab plate
  • butt plate
  • left and right shoulder bells
  • left and right biceps
  • left and right forearms
  • left and right thighs
  • left and right shins/greaves
  • left and right hand plates with screen accurate gloves
  • thermal detonator with metal belt clips
  • ammo belt with proper details, drop boxes with screen-accurate cloth belt
  • hand-made, screen-accurate leather holster (screen-accurate mounted to belt)

Stormtrooper E-11 Blaster:

Accurately detailed to A New Hope style and battle-worn paint job for authenticity!!! (please see photos)

Are you ready to be impressive, most impressive?  Now is your chance to look like you stepped right out of the galaxy far, far away with this Stormtrooper armor!!!!

Please note that you will need a black undersuit ("UnderArmor" style/compression workout wear does great), black neck seal, and white boots to complete your ensemble.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-STORMTROOPER-ARMOR-w-HELMET-1-1-PROP-COSTUME-READY-2-WEAR-TK-BLASTER-/291899015195?hash=item43f689801b:g:ygsAAOSwmLlX8~E3

4593cea24a604fa3c78691cc90227d01.png

DO NOT BUY THIS!

You could buy two Walt's Trooper Factory kits for this much $, almost 3 ANOVOS kits, pretty much any of the vetted makers kits.

If you really want to throw money at it here's an idea. Buy two Walt's kits. Send them to me with your sizes. I'll build you one and send it to you. I'll keep the other as payment! <---this is a joke and so is that eBay kit.

Your local Garrison will help you build whatever kit you buy if you don't feel you can tackle it yourself. They most likely will even share any tools at an armor party if you don't have them.

Good luck and if you need help contacting the vetted makers give one of us a shout and we'll help you.

Jim - TK50899

• Like 2

Link? Nothing is 501st approved. Or retired. Unless it's sold or the owner doesn't troop in a year. I'd ask his height and weight and his tk id.

Here you go...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291899015195?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Sean

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-STORMTROOPER-ARMOR-w-HELMET-1-1-PROP-COSTUME-READY-2-WEAR-TK-BLASTER-/291899015195?hash=item43f689801b:g:ygsAAOSwmLlX8~E3

4593cea24a604fa3c78691cc90227d01.png

DO NOT BUY THIS!

You could buy two Walt's Trooper Factory kits for this much $, almost 3 ANOVOS kits, pretty much any of the vetted makers kits.

If you really want to throw money at it here's an idea. Buy two Walt's kits. Send them to me with your sizes. I'll build you one and send it to you. I'll keep the other as payment! <---this is a joke and so is that eBay kit.

Your local Garrison will help you build whatever kit you buy if you don't feel you can tackle it yourself. They most likely will even share any tools at an armor party if you don't have them.

Good luck and if you need help contacting the vetted makers give one of us a shout and we'll help you.

Jim - TK50899

Thanks Jim, I will definitely stay away from that one, what about this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291899015195?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Thank you,

Sean

I looked at the details of the pictures, and they look like I might need to do some basic modifications, as I am not too handy to begin with for slight size adjustments.  It seems close to begin with for basic approval, and possibly a second level in the future. 

Thank you all for your thoughts so far,

Sean

That's the same one with the junk Rubies blaster. I wouldn't buy any pre built kit. It won't fit you and you're going to have to rip it apart to make adjustments. The only thing harder than building armor is taking it apart and putting it back together. I'd almost guarantee this is some recast junk. As tempting as it is stay away from eBay armor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As a general rule, if it's on eBay you dont' want it.  There's a few exceptions but not many.

If you're after armour and have that money to spend you can do far better.  Get in contact with your local 501st Garrison (http://www.501st.com/members/displayUnits.php Looks like 2 cover different bit's of Ontario) and speak with them.  They will be able to point you towards some great armour makers.

That one looks like a mix of FX and misc other and so probably won't clear.

• Like 2

As a non-handy person I had the same fears as you.

I can't build something like this.

It'll look s***

It's too complicated8

Etc etc.

Thing is if you buy a kit from one of the many on offer, there'll be help and guiding advice every step of the way. Have a look at the many WIPs on here to see what I mean.

I've not made anything like this before, but I've done it (even if I DID want to quit at one point....)

But I didn't. And you won't either. Trust me bud, the sense of achievement is awesome. I'm just waiting for my boots and I'll (hopefully) be ready for clearance.

Here's my TK as is......9e41138d2503b3fcd800c8a8a22e13e5.jpg

Be confident dude. If I can do it, I'm sure you can.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Just been pointed out to me that the arms are on wrong. I popped the left arm onto the right shoulder and vice versa.

So.... just goes to show mistakes are made and advice is always there. It's easily rectified too.

As a non-handy person I had the same fears as you.

I can't build something like this.

It'll look s***

It's too complicated8

Etc etc.

Thing is if you buy a kit from one of the many on offer, there'll be help and guiding advice every step of the way. Have a look at the many WIPs on here to see what I mean.

I've not made anything like this before, but I've done it (even if I DID want to quit at one point....)

But I didn't. And you won't either. Trust me bud, the sense of achievement is awesome. I'm just waiting for my boots and I'll (hopefully) be ready for clearance.

Here's my TK as is......9e41138d2503b3fcd800c8a8a22e13e5.jpg

Be confident dude. If I can do it, I'm sure you can.

Thanks Steve for the vote of confidence.  The more I am on here, the more I realized I could have made a major mistake on purchasing armor.  Lots of info from lots of people, yet it has been great advice from friendly people, who I haven't even met.  This tells me what a great choice I have made to try to join the 501st.

Thank you,

Sean

• Like 2

Non worries dude. I was in the same boat as you (we all were, I imagine....) but like I've said there's plenty of help.

Another piece of advice I received is don't be too self critical of your build. No one looks as hard at your outfit than you do.

Enjoy it bud. There's no time restrictions or deadlines.

• Like 2

JIMINY XMAS I'm glad you skipped that.

Look for armor parties in your area, that'll help you gain insight to the build process. Ask a garrison member of them help guide you through the process, but you'll need to do the work. You will need help with fitting.

It's intimidating, was for me and i can build stuff, but once you start you'll see how easy it really is. So much so i built a shadow stormtrooper kit, my TK is v an Anovos and the TX is a WTF.

You have the most ridiculously swine v resource right here, the FISD. We're all here to help.

TK/TX 31201 : Star Garrison : North Texas Squad

• Like 3

Yeah...duck that.

What part of Ontario are you in?

As others have said... I nearly bought pre-built but ended up going with a kit. It was hard work to figure everything out, and definitely a process, but now that I've made it I feel so proud of it.

I'm already working on a second now with my husband. If someone as inept as me can do it I believe anyone is capable of it! There's so many great resources here on WhiteArmor

If you have your heart set on buying pre-built, I'd definitely check out AP or RS. Both makers sell pre-built (I believe... might have changed since I inquired) and are both great sets. Don't gamble with Ebay.

• Like 2

Thanks you all for your support.  I am attending an event with a local squad (Inland Empire) tomorrow for a meet and greet.  And then I am attending 2 armor parties ( Los Angeles and Orange County) on Saturday and Sunday in the Southern California Garrison.  After this weekend, I should be able to make an informed and important decision on armor.  Thank you again for all your support, so that I didn't make an important mistake.

Sean

• Like 3