Blooper's AM 2.0 ANH Build

Since I'm also doing an AM 2.0, I've been watching your build closely.  Congrats on reaching the conclusion!  Hope my build goes as smoothly as yours.  (Oh, hey -- can I borrow your dad for a while...?)

A.J.

Nice! Good luck on yours! Watching my email like a hawk for the confirmation / alteration email!

Congrats! Shouldn't be long to get your approval.

I got the email from my GML late last night, my kit was approved! He said I could expect an email from the 501st confirming it in a day or so.

• 6 months later...
On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 8:26 PM, TheBlooperTrooper said:

Update on progress January 24:

Had some issues today, but managed a test fit with the kidney piece as well. Need to adjust the ab piece slightly lower to allow for breathing room, but otherwise it fit okay. Kidney piece was trimmed and fits well on its on, with two snaps that we added yesterday connecting it to the top back plate. We also added snap pieces to the shoulder bells to connect to the biceps. Connections to come in the next few days, as well as from the biceps to the forearms. Lastly, we added one snap to the butt piece in the middle of it in preparation for adding snaps later. The outer snaps will come once the kidney and ab pieces are secured together better. Do the kidney and ab pieces have to line up at their tops? If so, I might need some slight gap in the back of my torso piece to allow for the kidney to match the drop.

Side note: My helmet arrives tomorrow! The build was used as a video tutorial on how to build an AM 4.0 Stunt Helmet by the extraordinary Eric of Stormtrooper Ranch!

Imgur album link changed! Photos are still visible, but the new album collection will be at http://imgur.com/a/vnNxf

Pics updated at http://imgur.com/a/vnNxfwith highlights below:

HTcLH4q.jpg

Using fish tank rocks to weigh down the shoulder bell snaps. My dad is a MAJOR fish guy, so we had these in abundance.

vpsYk0c.jpg

Front view. Adjusted the inner snaps a bit to hopefully make a better fit. Needs to be lowered about an inch or so to fit decently enough.

dNxIUi3.jpg

Rear view. Proud of the small gap, but it might need to be extended to accommodate the lower ab piece.

4318GQN.jpg

Right side view. It lines up, but we didn't add snaps just yet out of hesitation for further adjustments.

Thanks for the extraordinary Eric thing

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 4:06 PM, TheBlooperTrooper said:

Yup! Confirmed it today, and spoke with TK Armor a few hours back. He helped me sort all my issues out. I know have a new thigh ammo pack and right outer forearm on the way! I also spoke to them about looking into a pre-built helmet, as the condition of my current one is less than than previously shown. They were very nice about referring me to the Stormtrooper Ranch group, who VERY graciously offered to assemble and paint a newer helmet AM kit and send it to me. I went from being worried as I could possibly be to feeling like I'm on top of the world!

Absoutely stellar service by TK Armor and Troopergear! Looking forward to resuming my build ASAP! 

Stormtrooper Ranch Members like to help other clubs and probably 75% of our members are also 501st like myself. Glad I could help you out Cameron

• Like 1