Blooper's AM 2.0 ANH Build

Duratrax Body Scissors and Reamer 3-Piece Set https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007KN0RQM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_tw-.xbNKG5GNM

I was talking about this on the phone with my dad JUST as I saw this link, gonna take you up on this, thanks!

Or ebay

Marc

Maybe for some of the other bits, the guy above you beat ya :P

You heard me saying a prayer for... Just too late :P

• Like 1

I was talking about this on the phone with my dad JUST as I saw this link, gonna take you up on this, thanks!

Maybe for some of the other bits, the guy above you beat ya

You heard me saying a prayer for... Just too late :P

That looks like a nice little kit. Would go with that one

Marc

• Like 1

That looks like a nice little kit. Would go with that one

Marc

Already done! Just gotta wait for it to ship :P Then I think I'll finally have everything I need and start the horrifying yet glorifying process of cutting!

• Like 1

Rule of thumb Cameron, Measure, measure again, Mark your cut lines, measure again lol then cut. Be absolutely sure of yourself when you begin. A great resource is the centurions' build threads for details and the photo reference gallery. There is nothing more annoying and tear provoking that destroying a piece of armour and needing to buy it again. Heed my advice I've replaced a ton of parts before AND after my build was finished. 

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/25570-tip-choose-your-magnets-and-clamps/

Here's a good resource for magnets and clamps

• Like 2

Rule of thumb Cameron, Measure, measure again, Mark your cut lines, measure again lol then cut. Be absolutely sure of yourself when you begin. A great resource is the centurions' build threads for details and the photo reference gallery. There is nothing more annoying and tear provoking that destroying a piece of armour and needing to buy it again. Heed my advice I've replaced a ton of parts before AND after my build was finished. 

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/25570-tip-choose-your-magnets-and-clamps/

Here's a good resource for magnets and clamps

Will definitely use this, thanks! Will be sure to HEAVILY use all the photos I can to make this easy on me, using Navajo Bro's build to get mine set up for the first few cuts, REALLY hoping to not have to replace any kit.

• Like 1

With your set of AM2.0 armor you can go for centurion, the reference in the CRL is for the original older sets of armor (I am currently building towards Centurion), the problem with the earlier sets was that the chest and back plates did not meet the standard, however since the pieces have been remade, then your good to go for it.

So far in my build I have used the score and snap method, always measuring twice, I prefer to have the tighter control, but then I tend to over analyse my build, I spent hours filling in the seams on my forearms with ABS paste (small scraps of ABS mixed with acetone to create a very handy filler which sets just like armor), I also found a set of jewellers files were invaluable to blend the edges of the paste into the armor, the files will also come in handy when you build a blaster :)

I had never used E6000 glue until I started my build, after 7 attempts to get one of my forearms to a fit I was happy with, I can attest to it's forgiving nature, easy to remove with no damage to your armor, ready to try again.

Whilst I have not finished my armor yet, happy to answer any queries you might have.

Edited by Artshot
  • Like 1

When I built mine, I took people's advice about cutting only HALF of what oh think you need to cut. I was amazed at how much less I needed to trim than I originally thought.

You can always trim more, but you can't put any back. Better to work your way into the fit that do it all at once.

• Like 3

With your set of AM2.0 armor you can go for centurion, the reference in the CRL is for the original older sets of armor (I am currently building towards Centurion), the problem with the earlier sets was that the chest and back plates did not meet the standard, however since the pieces have been remade, then your good to go for it.

So far in my build I have used the score and snap method, always measuring twice, I prefer to have the tighter control, but then I tend to over analyse my build, I spent hours filling in the seams on my forearms with ABS paste (small scraps of ABS mixed with acetone to create a very handy filler which sets just like armor), I also found a set of jewellers files were invaluable to blend the edges of the paste into the armor, the files will also come in handy when you build a blaster :)

I had never used E6000 glue until I started my build, after 7 attempts to get one of my forearms to a fit I was happy with, I can attest to it's forgiving nature, easy to remove with no damage to your armor, ready to try again.

Whilst I have not finished my armor yet, happy to answer any queries you might have.

I might have a few for you soon, but for now I dunno really.

When I built mine, I took people's advice about cutting only HALF of what oh think you need to cut. I was amazed at how much less I needed to trim than I originally thought.

You can always trim more, but you can't put any back. Better to work your way into the fit that do it all at once.

Will definitely use this once my scissors arrive, had no clue my kit was gonna shoe up nearly as early as it did.

Question for completed kit people:

Does the armor rattle / shake when moving? If so, does adding foam padding do anything to change the acoustics? I have quite a bit spare even after making a second whole helmet of foam, and wanna know if that would really change the volume of moving in the stuff.

Home depot also has bags of clamps for like 8 dollars and has various sizes in the bag. I definitely recommend getting the split rivets off the ongoing sales page. I got 2 sets(which was good cause i messed em up a few times) and they are not to expensive.. i think 7 or so for the 2 sets. http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/34902-centurion-level-rivet-sets-for-sale/ super fast shipping and Joseph was good to work with!

• Like 2

Home depot also has bags of clamps for like 8 dollars and has various sizes in the bag. I definitely recommend getting the split rivets off the ongoing sales page. I got 2 sets(which was good cause i messed em up a few times) and they are not to expensive.. i think 7 or so for the 2 sets. http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/34902-centurion-level-rivet-sets-for-sale/ super fast shipping and Joseph was good to work with!

Appreciate the link, getting this once I figure it out and also getting the Centurion latex gloves he had. Wouldn't be too shabby for a high school kid to get Centurion status eh?

• Like 1

I might have a few for you soon, but for now I dunno really.

Will definitely use this once my scissors arrive, had no clue my kit was gonna shoe up nearly as early as it did.

Question for completed kit people:

Does the armor rattle / shake when moving? If so, does adding foam padding do anything to change the acoustics? I have quite a bit spare even after making a second whole helmet of foam, and wanna know if that would really change the volume of moving in the stuff.

It doesn't really rattle/move if you fit everything correctly. I personally added extra padding inside the shins and forearms to keep them more in place.

The armor does make noise when walking just due to all the friction of the parts touching, but I think it sounds cool and gives it character.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Ksunole
  • Like 1

It doesn't really rattle/move if you fit everything correctly. I personally added extra padding inside the shins and forearms to keep them more in place.

The armor does make noise when walking just due to all the friction of the parts touching, but I think it sounds cool and gives it character.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Appreciate the speedy reply! My dad was wondering how we were gonna use the spare foam so I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I bought the rivets from Joseph as well, and the bag of clamps is a great deal I have used all of them at one before lol.

Still trying to get an answer for a question I posted in his rivets thread, but hopefully that'll be resolved. I hope that the clamps I have will work, but I'll definitely grab the suggested ones if they don't.

Harbor Freight has cheap clamps as well as Amazon.

Set of 18 Spring Clamps with Movable Teeth, Assorted Sizes https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017S3C2JI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_ZYqayb1NZ8X1E

Haven't checked out Harbor Freight yet, will try and go there today or tomorrow!

• 1 month later...

Severly apologize for the lack of posting recently. College applications and school got in the way, but now it's toned down a bit, and I can resume working on this on a weekly basis.

Tonight I made a fair bit of progress, trimming off the return edges on all 4 forearm pieces, cutting 5 cover strips (Would've done more but time ran short.), and sized up the forearms.

Will be posting all images in this imgur album: http://imgur.com/a/Ibs5F

Major points of tonight:

HkPgqPZ.jpg

Return edges gone and some of the cover strips shown.

2jCXM93.jpg?1

Sizing of the forearm along with the test fit of how much the latex hand guards I've picked up from a FISD member (Definitely worth the buy!) and a random pair of gloves to just see how it works out.

Update on progress on December 10:

Today we worked on better trimming the left forearm, finished getting cover strips and inner support strips for both forearms, trimmed and fit the right forearm, trimmed and fit the right bicep, marked the left bicep for trimming at a later date, and glued inner support strips to the outer chunk of the left forearm. Also recently acquired 12 18 x 3 mm magnets and broke one before it got near the armor - Going to wrap these up heavily in blue painter's tape before using them again, but looking to get more, possibly up to 30 in total overall.

Pics updated at http://imgur.com/a/Ibs5Fwith highlights below.

1KNuHRs.jpg

Showing the outer, bumpy side of the left forearm with a cover strip on each end, held down by clamps at the moment.

AREXhO2.jpg

Shown is the trimmed right forearm, the lightly trimmed bicep (trimmed much more after this photo to near perfection), and the shoulder bell, mainly to see how it would all sit together. 

Update on progress December 12:

Today, my dad and I worked on closing the first half of one of the forearms, as well as one of the biceps. We also started to size up the thighs, trimmed the left one completely, and the right one to a lesser degree. We also managed to get inner support strips on both sides of one of the left thigh pieces before running out of clamps and magnets. Plan for the next few days is to trim the other bicep properly, close off the forearms and bicep in progress, close off the left thigh, and finish trimming the right thigh. 

fSLYVaV.jpg

Using some VERY strong magnets (Was not prepared for how difficult they'd be to separate to tape up), E6000 glue, and clamps to secure the inner portion of one of the forearms. Looking to make the majority of outer cover strips as aesthetic as they can be, keeping any unnecessary stress off of them.  

GWaPQyp.jpg

Trimmed piece of the left thigh shown here with two inner support strips recently attached.

• Like 1

Update on progress December 13:

Today, we sealed up the left forearm with glue, magnets, and clamps. Didn't have much time, but aim to do more very soon. Got the last few tidbits of my kit ordered, all that remains is to find some sort of underarmor at a local sporting goods store or something.

KKoVWjQ.jpg

As stated above, didn't have much time today to work. Got the forearm sealed up, and plan to do a decent chunk more tomorrow.

Update on progress December 14:

Today we took the right forearm out of the clamps and magnets to reveal a moderately okay sculpt. We also sealed up the right bicep, sealed up the left forearm, trimmed the left bicep completely, and trimmed the right thigh. The thighs are a tad long, so I'm looking for ways to reduce the height issue, but everything else is turning out okay. Having issues with the helmet, as neither my dad nor I are quite delicate enough to get it properly fit together solidly. Sidenote, got the holster, paint, gloves, and belt from Trooperbay today, and the TD clips and screws from another seller on FISD, quite happy about those.

Pics updated at http://imgur.com/a/Ibs5F with highlights below.

a1Z54DT.jpg

Showing the sealed up right bicep. Trimmed it to be snug, but with a tad bit of wiggle room just in case.

5BCmZoq.jpg

The right forearm, sealed up with inner support strips. Looking to use a drill press with a sanding tip and lexan scissors to round out the edges and eventually add cover strips before finally getting the strapping in.

Edited by TheBlooperTrooper

Do a search about the AM helmet. I'm on my phone so I don't have the link, but some of us have helped others with this helmet.

The key is squeezing the cheeks together to get them closer to each other.

DONT DRILL THE DIMPLES; they aren't quite in the right position.

Search for posts within the last 6 months with AM 2.0. Hopefully you'll find the info.

• Like 1

Do a search about the AM helmet. I'm on my phone so I don't have the link, but some of us have helped others with this helmet.

The key is squeezing the cheeks together to get them closer to each other.

DONT DRILL THE DIMPLES; they aren't quite in the right position.

Search for posts within the last 6 months with AM 2.0. Hopefully you'll find the info.

Did a fair bit of that today! Got a few results with a few things to have a follow-up look on later. Appreciate the tip!

Pics updated at http://imgur.com/a/Ibs5F

Update on progress December 15:

Today we didn't do much, we just finished sealing the other forearm and started sealing the left bicep. Not especially photo worthy, but the imgur album is updated as always.

Update on progress December 19:

I got the privilege of helping my local garrison out at a troop yesterday, and it was fantastic! Helped remind me of my end goals in the project and get a close up view of some complete armor. Special thanks to TK-48258, who has gone absolutely above and beyond with all his help on my kit, giving me advice since the very beginning. Tonight I got a minor bit of work done. I finished sealing up the bicep, sorted out the shins (after much debate with my dad, who believed that I had been sent two identical leg pieces), and finished attaching pieces to the Thermal Detonator. I plan on painting the screws black soon!

Pics updated at http://imgur.com/a/Ibs5F with a small highlight below.

naWEd7r.jpg

As I've said, I glued the panel on in a previous day. Bent the clips a tiny bit to get the screws in. Going to paint them, then bend the clips back into shape before calling the TD complete.