Blooper's AM 2.0 ANH Build

EDIT: Build photos start on page 2!

EDIT 2: Completed kit on page 7!

So the infamous Big Brown Box day occurred yesterday, and I had no time to upload pics due to a marching band game.

But here it is now in full glory!

Feovz5l.jpg

And the first thing I did before I had to leave it alone was mess around with the helmet a bit

6A3xXv6.jpg

When I finally got home after the game I messed around with the kit in the living room a bit, opening a few things (But keeping all the like parts together)

bfLuyo4.jpg

Next step is to lay it all out thie afternoon and figure out what to do! I have no real clue where to look for a video guide on what to do, been crawling through the various threads trying to find the appropriate AM 2.0 one to see what I would still need compared to what the rivets / screws that come with the kit amount to. If anyone's got any tips on those, I'd appreciate it! Gonna be a long and fun road ahead :)

Edited by TheBlooperTrooper
Fixing page numbers for new site layout.

Most of the screws are for the bucket. I'd advise starting with the forearms as those are the easiest, just to get your feet wet. Use Navajo bros guide and you can't really go wrong.

Edited by Ksunole
  • Like 4

Most of the screws are for the bucket. I'd advise starting with the forearms as those are the easiest, just to get your feet wet. Use Navajo bros guide and you can't really go wrong.

This

Marc

• Like 2

YouTube has a guy tk1636 his build helped a lot for my am2.0 build. As said above use Navajo bros guide helped a lot as well. I did the TD first just take your time measuring twice cut once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

YouTube has a guy tk1636 his build helped a lot for my am2.0 build. As said above use Navajo bros guide helped a lot as well. I did the TD first just take your time measuring twice cut once.

I used these a lot as well, I don't believe it's an AM 2.0 kit but most of them go together the same. Watching someone else do it is very helpful.
  • Like 1

Just took a look at his and holy cow it's extensive! Probably gonna just lay it all out, figure out how long it wqould take to get certain supplies in that I'm missing, and then go from there.

Will definitely check this out ASAP! Video references are great, thanks!

• Like 1

It is a lot of pieces, but it will start going quick once you get the hang of it. Don't let it overwhelm or discourage you.

You're telling me! I just laid about the vast majority of the parts (Kept the really small pieces separate to not get lost in the confusion)

lQdU74x.jpg?1

Made them. Bought some aluminum from Home Depot and bent them to the correct shape with a vice.

Nice! Considering making use of my school's robotics lab's tools to get this all done, as they have almost every single part I'd need for assembly. Gonna spend the next week or so trying to plan it out and going over guides to figure out how to size myself for each of the parts before I make any cuts or anything.

After reading along with Navajo Bro's guide, I got a few questions for any knowledgeable people out there!

• How do you go about making the forearms large enough to fit your hand through? When I set them to line up (Not overlapping) I have just enough room to squeeze my hand through the little inward lip around the wrist end.
  • After the forearms, what should I do next? Been seeing varying builds with people doing the torso or legs next.
  • At what point does the painting come in? I think this is towards the end, but I have and IRL friend who wants to know because they're considering the kit as well.
  • Is there anyone here who's built this / has a lot of time free to possibly PM more about it or even use Skype? My local garrison doesn't have many members in the city I live in, and I just wanna be double sure before I make any irreversible mistakes.

Thanks!

Remove all of the return edge from the wrist end of the forearms, apart from a requirement for approval, it will help with fitting your hands, although I have to put my gloves on after this as there's no way they will fit before the forearms are on.

After completing my forearms I put the biceps together in a similar fashion to the forearms, I tried to keep the bottom of the biceps a similar width or slightly wider size to the elbow end of the forearms, that way they show a more tapered shape.

You may have to do some reshaping of the forearms and biceps using the boiling water method as there not exactly round when assembled, especially the biceps.

After that I did the TD, mainly because I wanted to actually finish something :)

After reading along with Navajo Bro's guide, I got a few questions for any knowledgeable people out there!

• How do you go about making the forearms large enough to fit your hand through? When I set them to line up (Not overlapping) I have just enough room to squeeze my hand through the little inward lip around the wrist end.
  • After the forearms, what should I do next? Been seeing varying builds with people doing the torso or legs next.
  • At what point does the painting come in? I think this is towards the end, but I have and IRL friend who wants to know because they're considering the kit as well.
  • Is there anyone here who's built this / has a lot of time free to possibly PM more about it or even use Skype? My local garrison doesn't have many members in the city I live in, and I just wanna be double sure before I make any irreversible mistakes.
Thanks!
Agree with Artshot on his points. I have to put my gloves on last since they won't fit through the forearm with the hand guards on. What do you mean by "not overlapping"? The forearms are large enough to where you overlap them, tape to the correct size, mark a line down the seem and cut.

The only painting that you have to do is on the helmet, an buttons, and rivet/screw heads. Your kit probably came with stickers for the helmet and those are approvable, depending on what level you're going for, so technically the only thing you are forced to paint on the helmet are screw heads, chin (vocoder), and mic tips.

Feel free to PM me and we can chat through there, Facebook messenger or I could potentially Skype depending on how busy I am at the time. I've only built one kit, so I'm not as knowledgeable as some but I could hopefully get you going in the right direction.

-Dustin

Edited by Ksunole

Remove all of the return edge from the wrist end of the forearms, apart from a requirement for approval, it will help with fitting your hands, although I have to put my gloves on after this as there's no way they will fit before the forearms are on.

After completing my forearms I put the biceps together in a similar fashion to the forearms, I tried to keep the bottom of the biceps a similar width or slightly wider size to the elbow end of the forearms, that way they show a more tapered shape.

You may have to do some reshaping of the forearms and biceps using the boiling water method as there not exactly round when assembled, especially the biceps.

After that I did the TD, mainly because I wanted to actually finish something :)

Thanks! Gonna double check to see how much I'd have to trim, going to grab a bunch of supplies at some local hardware stores today. Going to follow your advice and do the biceps next. Hopefully no reshaping needed, as I've kept the armor safe and in a moderately temped environment. Also hate to ask about the acronym, what'd TD stand for in your last line?

Agree with Artshot on his points. I have to put my gloves on last since they won't fit through the forearm with the hand guards on. What do you mean by "not overlapping"? The forearms are large enough to where you overlap them, tape to the correct size, mark a line down the seem and cut.

The only painting that you have to do is on the helmet, an buttons, and rivet/screw heads. Your kit probably came with stickers for the helmet and those are approvable, depending on what level you're going for, so technically the only thing you are forced to paint on the helmet are screw heads, chin (vocoder), and mic tips.

Feel free to PM me and we can chat through there, Facebook messenger or I could potentially Skype depending on how busy I am at the time. I've only built one kit, so I'm not as knowledgeable as some but I could hopefully get you going in the right direction.

-Dustin

Good to know about the painting! Hoping to shoot for at least the level 2 qualification, as I saw on the CRL that ANH Stunt and Hero cannot use AM kits in the Centurion level

Thanks! Gonna double check to see how much I'd have to trim, going to grab a bunch of supplies at some local hardware stores today. Going to follow your advice and do the biceps next. Hopefully no reshaping needed, as I've kept the armor safe and in a moderately temped environment. Also hate to ask about the acronym, what'd TD stand for in your last line?

Good to know about the painting! Hoping to shoot for at least the level 2 qualification, as I saw on the CRL that ANH Stunt and Hero cannot use AM kits in the Centurion level

TD = thermal detonator, cylinder that mounts on the back of the belt

Alrighty! Just got a buncha supplies, although from a random store so I need someone to double check validity :P

My 24 x 24 x 1 in. foam to use on the padding (Primarily for helmet)

lbzMopA.jpg

9 feet of 1 inch Nylon and 4 feet of 2 inch Nylon

2yU9krx.jpg

Varying pieces of elastic

1qv5zig.jpg?1

E6000 glue - Both white and clear, not sure if that mattered

F3d0bCN.jpg

8 mm rivets

s7SL4jU.jpg

Magnets (Not sure if they're up to the task and I just need more or what?)

fCxCqLc.jpg

Velcro:

BPHlkg5.jpg

And last but not least, some line 24 snaps I got, not quite sure about these but they were all I could find that wasn't Dritz

30uO9ym.jpg

Don't forget clamps, you can never have too many clamps.

You may also need more magnets as they have a habit of randomly flying together and smashing themselves to pieces.

The occasional finger nip with the magnets is also to be expected.

Oh, and expect to draw blood, luckily those little red marks stand out really well on the armor.

Don't forget clamps, you can never have too many clamps.

You may also need more magnets as they have a habit of randomly flying together and smashing themselves to pieces.

The occasional finger nip with the magnets is also to be expected.

Oh, and expect to draw blood, luckily those little red marks stand out really well on the armor.

Working on getting more clamps and magnets, but is the rest workable? Was rather unsure about the snaps, as they didn't have the Tandy label. I have plenty of bandaids to be ready for accidents. Hopefully I don't bleed ALL over my kit, I'd wanna void that :)

Use the line 24 snaps there the bigger ones. Wal mart has a 10 pack of clamps for like 6$ I got two of these and a set of 6" C clamps with swivel ends for reaching in farther.

Use the line 24 snaps there the bigger ones. Wal mart has a 10 pack of clamps for like 6$ I got two of these and a set of 6" C clamps with swivel ends for reaching in farther.

So are the ones I got alright? And definitely gonna grab more clamps the ones that I have kinda suck :/

Yes I got mine from McMaster Carr line 24 is just the style

Thanks! Looking to get the scissors somewhere, any ideas to a possible alternative? Had a VERY hard time finding Lexan Scissors anywhere :/