Celebration Europe 2016 Rogue One Stormtrooper Back Pack Build

Some fantastic new images of the pack in the Star Wars Beyond The Armour book. Also brilliant to see some acknowledgement of all our hard work recreating it..This looks to be the same pack that was seen at CE with the longer antenna and the cable attached to the pack correctly.

23032585_839427956236344_191480857597530

23131592_839427962903010_641875929792085

23167500_839429112902895_514893007566009

Edited by mr paul
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hello guys, I know I am coming late to this party but I noticed that several people have asked some questions about the US ALICE equipment, so I thought I would share this information with you all. If it has been posted elsewhere I apologies for the additional post.

First, after wearing the large ALICE pack for 20 of my 24 years of service I believe the following information is correct:

The shoulder straps on the Rogue One Jedha pack are the LC-2 ALICE straps. There are three versions of the ALICE pack shoulder straps. In this picture you can see the three versions. Left is the original ALICE strap note the two 1” nylon straps sewn into a “v” at the top and padding for the full length of the front of the strap. In the middle is the ALICE LC-1 strap. Note the quick detach is present on both shoulder straps and the padding is only on the top portion of the front strap. Lastly, on the right is the LC-2 strap (in woodland camouflage pattern). Note the full length padding and the horizontal 1” nylon strap just above the top metal slide lock buckle.

Gvm4XOP.jpg

Many people have only been able to locate the LC-2 straps in woodland camouflage but I can confirm that they did make an olive green versions as well, here is a picture. I believe the Army was transitioning to making all the field gear in woodland camouflage at this time so there was a very limited supply of the OD straps. Before anyone asks, I have ordered a set from the link below and the picture shows the correct LC-2 straps in OD green but I will not know if I actually get what is pictured until it arrives. I can post more once they arrive.

https://www.armysurplusworld.com/new-usa-gi-alice-pack-straps
xScsIjc.jpg

Next, the pack is in fact a LC-2 Large ALICE field pack. There is very little differences between the LC-1 and LC-2 large pack and most improvements were in the frame, shoulder straps, and kidney pad; however, late models of the LC-2 started to incorporate plastic side release buckles on the two main straps and where more common in woodland camouflage just before the MOLLE transition. Another small detail between the LC-1 and LC-2 were the three magazine pouches above the three larger exterior pouches. The LC-1 pouches are slightly smaller for 20 round M-16 magazines and the LC-2 had slightly taller pouches for 30 round M-16 magazines. I believe all the nylon webbing on the sides are the same between the LC-1 and LC-2. So, most likely if you can find a large OD ALICE pack, it should not matter if it is LC-1 or LC-2 since the magazine pouches will be covered. Now the difference between a large and medium ALICE pack are very easy to notice. The Large Alice pack has a larger center bottom exterior pouch and there are three M-16 magazine pouches above the three exterior bottom pouches. The medium ALICE pack does not have the three M-16 magazine pouches and instead has a row of 2 ¼” webbing above the three bottom exterior pouches and all three of the exterior pouches are the same size. Obviously the medium pack is overall smaller than the large. There was a small ALICE field pack as well but it is very small (think school back pack) so there should be no confusion with it. 

This is a picture of a large (left) LC-2 ALICE field pack and a medium (right) LC-2 ALICE field pack. Note the magazine pouches and larger center exterior pouch on the large.

zBf1iec.jpg

So I think most of the other parts have been identified and sourced. One last thing I will note is that I believe that the top canvas is in fact a US military shelter half (possibly rolled around a wool blanket and I will also provide some information on the webbing straps. There are several military standards of webbing weave, however most strapping is 17337 or 43668, see the picture below. I believe the straps used on the top canvas roll are 43668.

LW8XQBz.jpg

And that is the information I wanted to share with you all. I hope this helps someone and alleviates some confusion.

Anyone find a source for the brass ladder lock slide buckles in the US?Anyone find a source for the brass ladder lock slide buckles in the US?

KABOOM, or at least I hope this is correct. Just found the NGT Floatmaster 12' selling in the US. Only 8 left in stock after I ordered one for me. 

https://www.bigcarptackle.com/rods-reels/rods/carp-rods/ngt-floatmaster-12ft-3pc-float-match-rod

Bradberry00, I do not know if you offering the buckles in general or if you were directing your post to me. In any case thanks for the offer but I have already ordered mine.

Ok guys, thanks to Mr. Paul, I ordered what Coleman’s is calling a Swedish Military 35L Backpack W/Frame at the same time I ordered my Norweigan Military Storage Box. What I got is “I think” a M75 frame? You tell me??? If it is a M75 then I ScoredJ

4o4eD6j.jpg

w0K3roY.jpg

7KUe0tq.jpg

Also in my quest to locate NGK floatmaster I ran across this if anyone is really desperate for a fishing pole and anything will do.

evVVHeQ.jpg

Well, it is a Star Wars fishing pole… Anyway, I did post a link previously of where I did locate a US seller of NGKs and once it comes in I will update you all.

Also, as promised, the OD green LC-2 shoulder straps came in and they are the correct LC-2 shoulder straps. Here is a picture with them next to the more common woodland pattern LC-2 shoulder straps. I also posted the link of where to order these OD shoulder straps from in the US in a previous post.

47dDMzp.jpg

I will be documenting my build in my ROTK build thread here 

Edited by 11b30b4
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I’d really like to add this pack to my R1 armour when it’s finished, however I’m aware that as I’m only 5’6” it might not be an option.  On the screen used troopers the pack came from just above the TD to around the middle of the helmet and was about shoulder width.  I’m concerned that on me it will look way too big.

what are the measurements of the pack (height and width)?

Dragon, I think most of the discussion about the pack has moved to MEPD since they now have authority over the Jedah Patrol and not FISD. Try asking your question there or hit Mr. Paul's FaceBook page. I have not built my pack yet so I cannot answer your question. 

On 5/15/2018 at 5:43 PM, Dragon_a said:

I’d really like to add this pack to my R1 armour when it’s finished, however I’m aware that as I’m only 5’6” it might not be an option.  On the screen used troopers the pack came from just above the TD to around the middle of the helmet and was about shoulder width.  I’m concerned that on me it will look way too big.

what are the measurements of the pack (height and width)?

These are just very rough measurements from the pack I made. Height 70cm and with about 65cm . This is taking the rolled canvas into the measuremtn not just the frame. About 70cm from the bottom to the top of the rolled canvas. Hope this helps. 

I wouldn’t worry too much about the pack looking big. You can tighten up the canvas more to get a sleeker look but backpacks are always going to look big but impressive! If you like the pack, go for it. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bulldog44 said:

These are just very rough measurements from the pack I made. Height 70cm and with about 65cm . This is taking the rolled canvas into the measuremtn not just the frame. About 70cm from the bottom to the top of the rolled canvas. Hope this helps. 

I wouldn’t worry too much about the pack looking big. You can tighten up the canvas more to get a sleeker look but backpacks are always going to look big but impressive! If you like the pack, go for it. 

Just what i needed to know.  Thanks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dragon_a said:

Just what i needed to know.  Thanks. 

No problem. If you have any more questions Mr Paul is the expert on this pack. I can offer whatever knowledge I have as well if you need any. Hope you go ahead and build one. Its fun and quite different from building a sandy traditional pack. 

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/15/2020 at 2:59 PM, Noidka said:

Has anyone found a frame lately. Ive looked high and low and nothing...also need the rod.

Shoot me an email if you have.

Kevin

Even the LK35 variant of the Swedish Military Hiking Pack has become difficult to find, let alone a screen accurate M75 Frame.

Wishing you the best of luck!

On 4/17/2018 at 1:53 PM, 11b30b4 said:

So I think most of the other parts have been identified and sourced. One last thing I will note is that I believe that the top canvas is in fact a US military shelter half (possibly rolled around a wool blanket and I will also provide some information on the webbing straps. There are several military standards of webbing weave, however most strapping is 17337 or 43668, see the picture below. I believe the straps used on the top canvas roll are 43668.

LW8XQBz.jpg

That webbing looks fairly close to the screen used prop, but we have already determined that the fabric roll is in fact a Russian Plash Palatka, not a U.S. Half-Shelter! It’s the same poncho worn by the Mimban Troopers in the SOLO movie.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/15/2020 at 2:59 PM, Noidka said:

Has anyone found a frame lately. Ive looked high and low and nothing...also need the rod.

Shoot me an email if you have.

Kevin

Just found this, better grab it while it’s still available. They’re getting impossible to find; https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Swedish-Military-LK35-Frame-Bushcraft-Survival-Bugout-Bag/174547197516?pageci=8190077d-9f99-4cec-8311-08ca9ed2bff6