Celebration Europe 2016 Rogue One Stormtrooper Back Pack Build

Looking at the pictures you linked, most of the blanket rolls/shelter halves are in the long configuration for use with the transport pack. When they were used with the field marching pack they were configured as the short blanket roll making it look more like the CE prop. The third picture in the last post features the packs configured this way.

Here is some documentation on the packs configurations:

http://military-historians.org/publications/journal/samples/BradfordPack.pdf

Edit: Also has anyone had any luck finding a suitable fishing rod in the US? I checked the local stores and didn't find anything that I considered close enough to the two found parts available overseas

Edited by cjkirk11

I have not found any in the US.  I had to order 2 rods from the UK.

My pack frame and grenade holder have come in.  I should have my Alice Bag, greeblies, and poles shortly.  At this time, I will begin construction of my first one.  Will be working on the blanket roll / tent half next.

I bought a shelter half this weekend and rolled it up, here is what I ended up with. It is a little fat because I have a doubled up piece of batting in the center but I can take more pictures without the insert.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzN6V0cECEpXdUxjTE5yZVNKeEk/view?usp=sharing

It measures out to 46 inches the way I have it rolled, the USMC manual states that it should be the length of one tent post. The tent post happens to be 43.5 inches.

What do you all think?

• Like 1

I bought a shelter half this weekend and rolled it up, here is what I ended up with. It is a little fat because I have a doubled up piece of batting in the center but I can take more pictures without the insert.

It measures out to 46 inches the way I have it rolled, the USMC manual states that it should be the length of one tent post. The tent post happens to be 43.5 inches.

What do you all think?

Where did you order it from? I am looking for a couple.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

What do you all think?

What do you all think?

What do you all think?

What do you all think?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am having a hard time finding the norwegian army grenade box in Europe. Anyone knows an address that ships to The Netherlands?<br><br>

Cheers,

Johan

Unfortunately this listing recently ended but they had many available, you could message Military-Basics on eBay and ask if they have any left in stock; http://www.ebay.de/itm/SWE-schwedische-Munitionskiste-Munikiste-40-x-30-x-19cm-Kunststoff-wasserdicht-/302225421173?

Edited by SlyFox740

19c890e4c7325feb4114ff61e728bb21.jpg

Repair? Or replace?, yep, bust the antenna on a low ceiling, dam it

Opinions please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same thing happened to mine at Celebration Orlando 2017. My son was goofing around in the hotel and snapped it on the floor. Repir for now but hopefully find a replacement. I dont think they sell that pole anymore.

Same thing happened to mine at Celebration Orlando 2017. My son was goofing around in the hotel and snapped it on the floor. Repir for now but hopefully find a replacement. I dont think they sell that pole anymore.

Nope that pole is gone, well my antenna is now shorter, battle damage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cropped and over-exposed this screenshot from the Rogue One Blue-Ray to better show the pack, it was pretty dark originally. Notice the end 'Antenna Cable' goes into the side opening of the grenade case just like on the Hot Toys action figure. Unlike the display pack at Celebration Europe this pack in the movie still has the end of the latex tubing glued to the inside of the grenade case.

IMG_1327_zps6tunanja.jpg

Here is the Hot Toys Jedha Patrol (TK-14057) action figure.

HotToysCrystalPatrolPackCROPPED_zpsckt2t

I feel we can confirm this is how the prop maker intended it to be. I realize this thread is specifically about the pack on display at Celebration Europe though we all know those costumes are not always set up 100% perfect, not to mention things can happen during or even after film production including transportation and storage of props and costumes. The screenshot above is directly from the movie and the Hot Toys action figure is a Lucasfilm licensed product so I feel it is safe to assume this is how the 'Antenna Cable' is supposed to be installed.

Edited by SlyFox740
  • Like 1

Yes you are correct. Also the antenna should be another 10 inches or so longer using the top part of the middle section of the precision X rod to get the length (a reliable source has confirmed this for us) This thread focuses on the pack seen at CE. We speculated last year that the antenna (rod) was broken at the base and was not the intended design however I believe the shorter antenna was featured on a tops card or somewhere. Cannot recall at the moment. A while back we mentioned on the FB page about there being 2 variations to the antenna, long and short versions. There are a few things that need looking at again regarding the actual packs seen on screen however due to them being in the background for seconds at a time we are having to go elsewhere to try and find out the answers. I also suspect the liner to the ammo case should be pulled taught across the box.

Edited by mr paul

Here is the the card showing the longer antenna with the orange pauldron and the shorter antenna with the black pauldron. 

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-25%20at%2018.51.

Interesting that the black pauldron doesn't have the extra stitching like the orange one. Any speculation as to a separate CRL for the CE pack and those used in the films?

Interesting that the black pauldron doesn't have the extra stitching like the orange one. Any speculation as to a separate CRL for the CE pack and those used in the films?

That is interesting, especially considering the Deathtroopers in Rogue One wear black shoulder pauldrons that do in fact have the extra stitching.

deathtrooper.jpg