Celebration Europe 2016 Rogue One Stormtrooper Back Pack Build

I spent 225USD and about 1/3  was shipping cost to Sweden.....I made 2 ( cost is for one) and it was a great and fun build and so easily done thanks to the awesome turtorial with screen accurate parts list. Many thanks again to the makers of this build :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley: 

IMG_20170106_193109%202_zpslzbfwn3c.jpg

• Like 1

I spent 225USD and about 1/3 was shipping cost to Sweden.....I made 2 ( cost is for one) and it was a great and fun build and so easily done thanks to the awesome turtorial with screen accurate parts list. Many thanks again to the makers of this build :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

IMG_20170106_193109%202_zpslzbfwn3c.jpg

Great info. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I didn't really keep track while making mine but I probably spent somewhere around $250 - $300 putting it all together. That's including shipping which does make it cost considerably more to build but unless you live near a place like Coleman's military surplus the shipping costs can't be avoided. And there are other obscure items like iDyePoly, CAM buckles, Antique brass slider buckles, 25mm Cotton OD Green webbing, ect. Some of these item's can also be next to impossible to find locally, not to mention the Hook Greeblie which is a VERY obscure found part.

Edited by SlyFox740
  • Like 1

Here are the times that the ack pack appears in the film 09.15(1 pack) 29.53(1 pack) 30.37(3-4 packs) 30.42(2 packs) 30.57(2 packs) 34.00(1 pack) 34.11(1 pack) 34.58(1 pack)

The pack is seen on screen 12 times and in one scene I believe 4 packs are present all at once.

This is the clearest we see the whole pack in the entire Jedha sequence.

Screen%20Shot%202017-03-18%20at%2020.55.

Edited by mr paul
  • Like 2

I looked into the NGT 12' Floatmaster as it was suggested in the thread earlier. Though it looks like an very good alternative to the screen used rod, unfortunately, I have yet to find a supplier willing to ship to the US. Hopefully some other US troopers can tell me if they found a source for the NGT 12' Floatmaster.

The search continues...

If you have trouble finding anything close enough drop me a message and we can see about shipping you one over :)

• Like 1

Having had a discussion with WhiteRoseSwampy about the details and dimensions of his NGT 12' Floatmaster regarding the diameter at top and bottom, the spacing of the guides and the overall length makes it an ideal alternative to the Avanti precision X. It looks like it was made in the same factory using similar materials. It appears to have the same horizontal weave in the fibre glass. The only noticeable difference is the colour flash in the whipping is gold instead of red however this can be corrected with red permanent marker according to WhiteRoseSwampy and I admit it does look convincing what he has done. The lowest, largest guide on the top section of this 3 piece rod appears a little larger in diameter however this does not take away from the overall likeness. So fortunately this comparison shows us there is still a rod on the market that matches the form of the now obsolete Precision X. There may be more out there so I will keep looking :)

One of the guides from the NGT 12' Floatmaster. The whipping has been coloured red with marker pen and looks convincing (image courtesy of WhiteRoseSwampy)

6726b45beb50acb414210323a7c3b2f3_zpsi7dm

Edited by mr paul
  • Like 3

Are the frame post end caps on the M75 rubber or plastic? I got a M75 from Coleman's that luckily turned out to be the M75 and not the LK35, but unfortunately the end caps are missing, so I am going to have to seek out a simple replacement.  

Edited by bradberry00
  • Like 1

Are the frame post end caps on the M75 rubber or plastic? I got a M75 from Coleman's that luckily turned out to be the M75 and not the LK35, but unfortunately the end caps are missing, so I am going to have to seek out a simple replacement.  

Search for ferrules, they are a soft plastic on the M75.

Edited by mr paul

Search for ferrules, they are a soft plastic on the M75.

I may go with these, they are rubber but the closest I can find and for $8 for 25 its worth a try until I find something closer. 

McMaster Carr #2517T81 or 2517T34

2517t841p1-g02b-digitall.png?ver=1462443

Edited by bradberry00
  • Like 1

Does anyone know if there is someone working on the actual new Stormtrooper armour, or is it a case of individuals converting FX etc?

Hi ScouseTrooper,

BackStage Props may make one in the future although this is not confirmed. If it anything like their shoretrooper helmet and armour, or their Hover Tank Trooper helmet then it would be an amazing set of kit. Aside from BSP I am unaware of any real serious efforts to replicate the R1 TK armour at this time. Mr paul will likely know more.

Best,

ireachy

As Ian stated "Superb" work on this thread, great job everyone :jc_doublethumbup:  

On another note, and not to be a negative Nancy here but the armor used R1 is a bit different than the OTTK regardless of how similar they look. The backpack is an extension of the R1 armor and if the backpack is accurate you would expect the armor to be also. The fans may not know the difference however, LFL and Disney will, and will be watching. Will they care? not sure, though with LFL and Disney screen accuracy is everything. Please confirm with your local garrison if it is appropriate and acceptable to wear your OTTK costume with the R1 backpack at any premiere events.

Just a thought. Carry on  :salute:

For all those interested, our friend Jim (Jimmiriquoi) is now officially working on producing his R1TK Armor. The same guy that did the amazing sculpts of the First Order Stormtrooper, and the new Rogue One Shoretrooper, Tanktrooper and Deathtrooper

cphmh4.jpg

5tffik.jpg

hlY00p.jpg

You can see Jim's original post here: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/41169-jimmiroquai-rogue-one-tk-builds/

Edited by SlyFox740
  • Like 2

Small update: Got the correct straps, "hook", cambuckles and changed the webbing and a serious update on the blaster :smiley-sw013:

Front

_20170401_225903_zpsuumofyzw.jpg

Left

_20170402_001010_zpsjhyrvnhm.jpg

Right

_20170401_225637_zpsnk9zhwxl.jpg

Back

_20170403_062221_zpswax6rxyo.jpg

Edited by jedha-trooper
  • Like 1

I posted a while back about the tent bag I bought from the UK. It was cheap and easy to rig up. Just need to recreate the seam lines at the ends to get it more accurate. Length of the bag and girth is really close. Sewing canvas is not easy without a proper machine so I went with the tent bag. Color looks good too. Can be weathered or dyed to get a better match.

• Like 2

Anyone identify a solution to the bedroll?  Or is the only way to pretty much make it from scratch?

The bedroll is still a mystery and I suppose we can now stop calling it a bedroll. The Visual Guide refers to it as weather shroud which could imply that it is something along the lines of a poncho. Ireachy and myself have long hoped that a poncho was used on the R1 back pack however no new light has been shed on its identity aside from its official name in the VG. The best way to recreate it is with canvas and to sew it yourself to the spec that we have shown in the thread here. Colour accordingly but do note the colour is more brown than green. Folks should be making it a drab brown if they are going for a screen accurate appearance.

I have the visual guide as well, I wonder if "Weather Shroud" is intended to be a type of poncho for the Trooper or just a cover for the pack itself? Or both?

Edited by SlyFox740

The weather shroud description does not make sense to me anyway as the crystals are stored in a container. What is the point of the container if its not weather proof. There is an antenna so I suppose there is a radio on the pack as well. Seems like the crystal storage was thought up after the pack was made. If we are going with the visual guides weather shroud description I would like to think that that it would cover the entire trooper and the pack leaving the antenna exposed at the side. Much the same way as ponchos were used by U.S Marines covering the back pack as well or radio gear. It would make more sense. 

Some reference pictures in the link below from our FB page posted by ireachy that are interesting.

https://www.facebook.com/rogueonetkbackpack/posts/717085941803880

Edited by mr paul
  • Like 1

The weather shroud reminds me of a USMC shelter half. They even came issued with khaki webbing and similar glides for the webbing.

Funny you should say that, a USMC Shelter Half is actually the best guess we have for the 'Weather Shroud' though this can't be confirmed for certain.

The beige/brown shelter halves are certainly the correct color and texture and they even have a history with Star Wars found parts as the Boba Fett's cape.

Here some picture Ireachy and myself pulled off the net a while back. Possibly shows the influence of the r1 pack. as well as half tents/ponchos, bed rolls were also stowed on the back pack in the same way as the roll on the R1 pack. Having looked at many half tents and ponchos for the R1 pack it is important to note that it appears to have no visible stitching or seams on the R1 shroud. Whether this is the way it is folded or not, bare this in mind when looking for half tents etc. It may be they were modified or folded in a particular way. Size is important too as once rolled it has to fit and look correct proportionately when tied to the pack. Unfortunately there is nothing to identify what was used on the R1 pack and as yet no further information to prove its anything more than a scratch made item. 

17103273_717085881803886_501484593925673

17021864_717085885137219_376327999637085

17103449_717085851803889_866595786352350

17022157_717085855137222_240245470414947

17800107_735309419981532_179413845231533

17759693_735309446648196_534225108951581

17523210_735309476648193_436658983617327

Edited by mr paul
  • Like 3