Celebration Europe 2016 Rogue One Stormtrooper Back Pack Build

Lovely looking pack Bulldog. Really look forward to seeing the upgrades and alterations. Great work!

Great looking pack Brian, welcome to Crystal Patrol Duty! :salute:

Thanks guys. Will try to get my pack up to specs soon.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been looking at the bedroll and remembered I had an old bag from my time in the military that might work as a base for it. What are people's thoughts on the material?84e068de694af52d8d8d0ace79c8d4f2.jpg99fd4d430dfb3c37642082ffe2e58462.jpg

I used a bag for tent poles made of the same material. Think it looks good, just will need weathering to knock the color down to a browner shade. I have left mine the normal canvas green for now, still looks alright, my only concern with your bag is the length. Is it long enough to wrap around the three sides of the grenade box?

this is the tent pole bag I am using, pretty much ready to go. Only need to custom stitch the ends to make it look like the prop pack. very cheap too seeing you only need to have it shipped locally. :D

http://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/canvas-storage-bag-for-us-army-small-wall-tent-poles-product,17044

• Like 1

this is the tent pole bag I am using, pretty much ready to go. Only need to custom stitch the ends to make it look like the prop pack. very cheap too seeing you only need to have it shipped locally. :D

http://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/canvas-storage-bag-for-us-army-small-wall-tent-poles-product,17044

Thanks for the link

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone found a good alternative antenna source/replacement, preferably in the US? I am starting to collect pieces for this and would love to know.

thanks,

-david

The screen used one is long out of production now. It's really just a section of black fishing rod, anything similar will do. The best deal will probably be found locally, look for clearance products or perhaps even local used adds.

• Like 1

The screen used one is long out of production now. It's really just a section of black fishing rod, anything similar will do. The best deal will probably be found locally, look for clearance products or perhaps even local used adds.

Yeah, just curious if anyone in the US has found something similar as a starting point. 3 piece 12' rods seem hard to source in my quick online search....but I know nothing about fishing so I could be looking in the wrong spots.

Has anyone found a good alternative antenna source/replacement, preferably in the US? I am starting to collect pieces for this and would love to know.

thanks,

-david

Hi David. The closest I have found in relation to length, width, spacing between the guides and number of guides is the NGT 12' Floatmaster. The whipping on the line guides is the same as the Pecision X however I cannot find a rod that has the same distinctive metallic red flash in the whipping to match the screen used so this will have to be compromised. I think more important than the colour is to get the dimensions as close as possible to the original so the cable can be threaded correctly. Here is a link to the rod on Ebay. Let me know if it cannot be sourced in the U.S. Regards. Paul

• Like 1

I went with the NGT (although I am UK based) and managed to get it looking pretty good by going over the whipping with a red permanent marker to give the appearence of the red flash

• Like 2

I went with the NGT (although I am UK based) and managed to get it looking pretty good by going over the whipping with a red permanent marker to give the appearence of the red flash

Excellent. Really appreciate some pics if you have them to see how it compares visually to the precision X on the pack! Great to hear someone has used the NGT

• Like 1

Excellent. Really appreciate some pics if you have them to see how it compares visually to the precision X on the pack! Great to hear someone has used the NGT

I'll take some this evening and post them up

• Like 1

Hi David. The closest I have found in relation to length, width, spacing between the guides and number of guides is the NGT 12' Floatmaster. The whipping on the line guides is the same as the Pecision X however I cannot find a rod that has the same distinctive metallic red flash in the whipping to match the screen used so this will have to be compromised. I think more important than the colour is to get the dimensions as close as possible to the original so the cable can be threaded correctly. Here is a link to the rod on Ebay. Let me know if it cannot be sourced in the U.S. Regards. Paul

I looked into the NGT 12' Floatmaster as it was suggested in the thread earlier. Though it looks like an very good alternative to the screen used rod, unfortunately, I have yet to find a supplier willing to ship to the US. Hopefully some other US troopers can tell me if they found a source for the NGT 12' Floatmaster.

The search continues...

Edited by bradberry00

As promised some pictures of the NGT rod. Pack is far from finished yet but I've quickly stuck it together so you can get an idea of how it will look.

03ca0072bed01bacce46c94b6823a36c.jpg

And here's the whipping after the red permanent marker treatment

bedd9c837a83dce15b3d80aed7c354de.jpg

• Like 2