Celebration Europe 2016 Rogue One Stormtrooper Back Pack Build

Here's my 'Jedha Patrol' pack, I will be trooping the Canadian Premiere of Rogue One in downtown Toronto, Ontario at the Scotiabank Theater December 14th, 2016 and I received special permission from my local garrison's  GML to wear my R1 pack with my OT armor.

image_zpsvkauuo33.jpeg

image_zpsopcva7vz.jpeg

image_zpsay4met1u.jpeg

I also had this Rogue One Pauldron custom made in time for the premiere. Extra rows of stitching across the orange colored area & white fabric bottom.

image_zpsmyicug6b.jpeg

image_zpsr05aecrz.jpeg

Here's me wearing the Pack & Pauldron, more photos to come...

image_zpsza4wvgbq.jpeg

• Like 3

While your observations on the the hook placement seem to be correct it has also seemingly highlighted a difference in the manufacture of the extra padded shoulder straps. This is my hook threaded through my pack and as you can see there is a lot less strap to play with. At least half the size. It appears that Scousetroopers strap may be short as well judging by the image he posted. if you could confirm that Scousetrooper that would be helpful. 

15577469_1828795024071801_1385117136_n_z

Strap_zpsr1k4mmxm.png

Paul, Don't put it under the bottom strap directly against the shoulder strap, it actually goes one layer above that. After you pull the popper through you also need to pull the male end quick release buckle through as well. Then re-assemble the nut & bolt and bushing.

image_zps6n6sdhks.jpeg

Edited by SlyFox740

Hmm, well if it is on the same way as mine then that really is strange, it must be different. All I did was pull the Snap and the Buckle through the base of the hook and that's it. Interesting thing is the other shoulder strap that's actually meant to be on my left shoulder has even more excess strap to play with!

Hmm, well if it is on the same way as mine then that really is strange, it must be different. All I did was pull the Snap and the Buckle through the base of the hook and that's it. Interesting thing is the other shoulder strap that's actually meant to be on my left shoulder has even more excess strap to play with!

Yes there is definitely differences in the way this strap is made. It seems to be where that small row of stitches is placed. I think I can move these stitches to make it look the CE pack, should be an easy fix. My concern is my hook will not angle downwards correctly with it being held so tightly  with my small strap.

It may not be that there are different straps just differences in the placement of the stitch lines during manufacture. Both my left and right straps are the same. i would be happier with this conclusion as i do not want to have to search for cE accurate straps any further tee tee. It would be simpler to just correct the stitching to match the CE pack and it still be the correct strap.

Edited by mr paul

I have had a look and this problem and it can be solved with a quick adjustment in the sewing.

In this image of my strap, not enough room for hook to be positioned correctly.

15554720_1828799167404720_677883710_n_zp

Unpick original stitching.

15451415_1828805357404101_133357196_n_zp

Position buckle 3.5cm away from where it is fixed at the top.

15493910_1828805347404102_945449364_n_zp

Sew back on to match the way it was.

15577844_1828805327404104_654804403_n_zp

15571253_1828805344070769_1554236693_n_z

This should now give you enough play in the strap for the hook to hang correctly.

15451059_1828805334070770_1807574926_n_z

Well done guys for noticing this. I suppose depending on how your strap is sewn this mod may or may not be useful. It may be in some cases the strap needs to be reduced in length. Feel free to post your variations in straps if there are any more.

Edited by mr paul
  • Like 1

Slyfox, what did you use for the antenna end cap? Looks great.

I modified the button from one of these pens.

image_zpsxetqgvpe.jpeg

Inside the button is a white plastic insert which is the part that activates the business end of the pen, I modified that and the black button/cap by cutting them down a little, then super-gluing them together. That piece fits on the fishing rod very tight and does not require glue to be held in place but I have added a small dab of glue for safe measure. Then antenna is very flexible and bends easily when walking through doors ways, it seems the plastic cap can take lots of abuse without breaking or coming off.

• Like 1

My pack was on CTV News Toronto at the Canadian Premiere, If you watch the video scroll to 22:25 I'm the trooper on the left with my Jedha Patrol pack. The movie was awesome by the way! Disney was gracious enough to give us free passes and all kinds of free Rogue One swag.

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1011653&playlistId=1.3203954&binId=1.815894&playlistPageNum=1&binPageNum=1

Here are some screenshots from the video

image_zpsazyuh9e7.png

image_zpscdyxyjj1.png

Walt Disney Studios Canada posted this photo on their facebook page if you go here: https://www.facebook.com/WaltDisneyStudiosCanada/photos/?tab=album&album_id=10153902118261599

15419633_10153902152376599_3764280927240

The photos below were taken by another member of the Canadian Garrison; Steve A.K.A 'Squeaky' he goes by the same name here on the forum. He liked the pack a lot, now he really wants to build one of his own and join the Jedha Patrol squad.

15584994_1922378544656882_34021897744920

15540657_1922378991323504_85672163164975

15403714_1922384654656271_90875199042167The Sandtrooper on the right is my friend Chris A.K.A Knockerbot, he started his build as a TK here on FSID, but then switched to TD and had it approved with MEPD. It's actually the exact same AP kit that I'm wearing on the left which coincidentally were both sent out to us in the same shipment from Authentic Props.

Edited by SlyFox740
  • Like 6

My pack was on CTV News at the Canadian Premiere, If you watch the video scroll to 22:25 I'm the trooper on the left with my Jedha Patrol pack. The movie was awesome by the way! Disney was gracious enough to give us free passes and all kinds of free Rogue One swag.

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/video?binId=1.815894

And my Pack made it on CBS6 Richmond Virginia!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Just a quick question abou wearing the pack, does it affect the armor in any way either causing too much pressure on the shoulder bells or back plate. Worried about cracking, scuffing since the pack seems rather heavy compared to sandy packs.

Just a quick question abou wearing the pack, does it affect the armor in any way either causing too much pressure on the shoulder bells or back plate. Worried about cracking, scuffing since the pack seems rather heavy compared to sandy packs.

I have had no issues with over 6 hours usage in total of the pack. I wear mine with my RS and the padded straps sit over the shoulder bells and do not cause any damage. The tensioned straps on the frame cushion the pack from the back of the armour and the whole thing if positioned at the right height on your back is solid and does not move. You may find your shoulder straps moving outwards after an hour or so, you may need an extra pair of hands to put them back into place for comfort. You will need help getting the pack on safely. Damage to your armour may be caused if you attempt to get the pack on yourself. My pack weighs 7.4KG it is a bit of a lump.

Edited by mr paul
  • Like 2

No, fairly comfy for a while

• Like 1

41a3f4b4e8e1fbcfed8634e8c236e0f0.jpg

The backpack shot that we are all doing!!

• Like 2

Pic of mr paul's and my packs side-by-side before the midnight launch troop. 

Both built separately by us and the first time they had been in the same place. Came out fairly close, and we're both happy with the results.

Thanks to all on the forum for prompts, questions, demos, input, observations etc. 

15536939_1280106862010562_758677876_o%20

Best,

ireachy

• Like 1

Awesome work to everyone involved thus far in developing this pack! You guys rock!

I went out and bought my large ALICE pack today and I was lucky enough that it came with the correct woodland camo shoulder straps! I also bought the 1" black poly strapping and foam, dye, duck canvas for the bedroll, etc. Colemans is shipping the M75 frame (they have used versions right now for $19, get on it!) and the ammo box. All that's left to purchase are the slide buckles, fishing rod and the greebly for the left shoulder strap. CAN'T WAIT to get building! :D

Oh and my Rogue One captains pauldron is on its way as well. Now I'm contemplating whether to take on the Black Series helmet and its mods...

Edited by BrinkHouse
  • Like 2

Thanks for the research that has gone into this! <br><br>

I'll be trying my hand at building a pack after Christmas. Got most of the parts sourced now apart from the ammo box, really struggling to find a source for one.<br><br>

Just need to see the film now!

• Like 2