Hyperfirm E-11 Repair...

I was putting my Hyperfirm E-11 in and out of my holster to help work the holster and make it easier.  In the process of doing this, the charging handle on the E-11 disconneted from the E-11 itself.  It looks like it was a separate piece that was glued on.  

The Anovos FB guys mentioned to take finishing nails, drill 2 holes in the charging handle, add a little bit of super glue, and re-affix it that way.

Does anyone know which finishing nails to get?  Any pictures of the repair?  I've tried looking them up, but there are a lot of variations of them.  

The same thing which happened to you happened to a fellow member of my garrison. I believe all he did was glue it back on with superglue. But the idea of using a short, small metal rod, like a nail, would work well.

Any small nail should work, all you are trying to accomplish is to strengthen the connection between the charging handle and blaster.

Cheers! :)

Just go to Home Depot or Lowe's with the broken piece in your hand.  Find the nail aisle, and look for (or have someone point you to) the finishing nails.  Finishing nails look like this:

stainless_steel_finish_nail.jpg

Note the very small head on the nail, so you should be able to shove it backwards (head first) into your Hyperfirm (or the broken bit, is where I would put the side with the head) without needing a big hole to do it.

Just buy the smallest box of nails (under a dollar) you can, which look like the right size so you can fit roughly half of the length inside the broken piece, without any risk of breaking through, and the other half into the blaster's body (so maybe 1/2 to 2/3 of the way through the broken bit, in length, plus the same amount going into the blaster body?).  So if your broken piece is about an inch, a 1" finishing nail would get half an inch in each part.  So perhaps a good length is about 1.5" long.  You can probably get a little more for the part sticking into the blaster body, so I'd guess 1 1/2" is a good size (assuming your broken piece is about an inch).

Drill a little hole right up the middle (from the broken area) of the broken piece.  Choose a drill bit that's SMALLER than the finishing nail.  It's relatively soft rubbery material, so the nail should be able to squeeze into a smaller hole and be nice and tight.

Then it's just a matter of covering half of the nail with superglue, sticking it into the new hole in the bottom of the broken piece, and now you have a part you can stab into the blaster (with some more glue) to glue it back in place, this time with more support due to the nail inside.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...