CFO ESB MKII stormtrooper helmet.

sskunky

I thought I'd share what I made in my new workshop. I've been meaning to do this helmet for some years but just not had the space to finish the moulds. Now I have. This was a flat sheet of plastic a few days ago. So using my Formech 660 vacuum former I set to work.

Just did a quick assembly today. Still a couple of teething problems but definitely getting there.

This was cast from JoeR's ESB MKII helmet.

CFO ESB Mkii Stormtrooper helmet. No.1. Enjoy.

cb72d3cf5c33490b48a7d5aa5b58e42f.jpg5c29289e37ec422eab11cac979e55a8c.jpg201d54372ee80786e57ded553ff1a5c5.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by sskunky
  • Like 3

Wow! A never before seen stormtrooper helmet posted on a Stormtrooper forum and two comments. Lol. I remember when people got excited about new replicas that are cast from original helmets. <br><br>

Oh well. <br><br>

Thanks for your comments guys.

I didn't realise when I saw these on FB they had heritage!  Is that carbon chaber shot the one it's traced back to?

edit: just relised that was posted by some one else  :blush:

Have you been able to screen match the origional at all?

Edited by themaninthesuitcase
  • Like 1

I've started down a rabbit hole...This is going to end expensively isn't it.

Looking at the few images I've found only this Mk2 is build in a sort of hybrid ESB//ROTJ way ie no ear screws.  That last detail is interesting as it would mean it would fail at ESB level clearance.  Seeing as I now want one of these I'll have to start digging up some more reference images.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...