I took the plunge! (AM 2.0 Kit Ordered!)

After a long time of hemming and hawing I finally took the plunge and bought the AM 2.0 Kit from TrooperGear!

If anyone's got any tips or tricks for a first-timer with this build, please share! I would appreciate it greatly!

• Like 4

Great to hear you pulled the trigger on your armor, Cameron!  My first kit was an AM 2.0, and I found it to be a relatively straightforward build.  There are a lot of tutorial threads dedicated to AM, which you should check out in detail while you wait:  http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/6-anh-stunt-and-hero/ I would advise taking lots of notes, and use the "Follow This Topic" option to keep them handy during your build.

Another thing I really stress is the old Boy Scout motto:  Be Prepared.

Having everything on hand and at the ready during the process will make your life a LOT more stress free, I promise.  There's nothing worse than to have to stop cold and run to the store or order something online.    I have a list located at the bottom of my large avatar below, (Supply list for your TK Build).  Just click on the link.  I would also use this time to get your under suit, which will help you while you are doing the fitting, and if you can, having the boots will help as well for fitting the calf pieces.

Another thing you can do is start your own build thread.  This allows you to ask questions and post photos (we LOVE photos) of your build in progress.  Also, if you do happen to have questions or problems, posting photos makes it MUCH easier to help you when we can see what the issue is.  They really are worth a thousand words. 

Lastly, if you haven't already, sign up at the Ohio Garrison's site, http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/6-anh-stunt-and-hero/, and get in touch via PM with your local Imperial Attaches, Steve (Snaps) and Pete (Striker).  They are there to help you out on a local level, and always feel free to ask questions here.  Have a blast on your build!

• Like 1

Right on, Cameron! You've taken your first step on a wild journey. One that will elate and frustrate you, make you buy things you never even knew about, keep you awake at night thinking about your next step and will ultimately make you grin like a little kid every time you see it. The feeling of having crafted it will be immensely satisfying and you'll have made plenty of new friends along the way. <br><br>

But now.... You have the hardest part of the whole build ahead of you... The wait. <br><br>

Good luck with the build!

• Like 2

Great to hear you pulled the trigger on your armor, Cameron!  My first kit was an AM 2.0, and I found it to be a relatively straightforward build.  There are a lot of tutorial threads dedicated to AM, which you should check out in detail while you wait:  http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/6-anh-stunt-and-hero/ I would advise taking lots of notes, and use the "Follow This Topic" option to keep them handy during your build.

Another thing I really stress is the old Boy Scout motto:  Be Prepared.

Having everything on hand and at the ready during the process will make your life a LOT more stress free, I promise.  There's nothing worse than to have to stop cold and run to the store or order something online.    I have a list located at the bottom of my large avatar below, (Supply list for your TK Build).  Just click on the link.  I would also use this time to get your under suit, which will help you while you are doing the fitting, and if you can, having the boots will help as well for fitting the calf pieces.

Another thing you can do is start your own build thread.  This allows you to ask questions and post photos (we LOVE photos) of your build in progress.  Also, if you do happen to have questions or problems, posting photos makes it MUCH easier to help you when we can see what the issue is.  They really are worth a thousand words. 

Lastly, if you haven't already, sign up at the Ohio Garrison's site, http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/6-anh-stunt-and-hero/, and get in touch via PM with your local Imperial Attaches, Steve (Snaps) and Pete (Striker).  They are there to help you out on a local level, and always feel free to ask questions here.  Have a blast on your build!

Holy cow! Will definitely be following your advice and ordering at the very least my boots in the next day or so. Appreciate the links to the builds, and to the Ohio Garrison. Happily posted a similar thread over there today as well! 

Right on, Cameron! You've taken your first step on a wild journey. One that will elate and frustrate you, make you buy things you never even knew about, keep you awake at night thinking about your next step and will ultimately make you grin like a little kid every time you see it. The feeling of having crafted it will be immensely satisfying and you'll have made plenty of new friends along the way. <br><br>

But now.... You have the hardest part of the whole build ahead of you... The wait. <br><br>

Good luck with the build!

Appreciate it! Been looking forward to wowing friends and family in the name of a good cause!

Welcome to the FISD Cameron! You've got great advice right there. The only thing I can add is check out the Advanced Tactics section and see how far you can go to get that AM to movie accurate. Good Luck Future Trooper!

• Like 2

Welcome to the FISD Cameron! You've got great advice right there. The only thing I can add is check out the Advanced Tactics section and see how far you can go to get that AM to movie accurate. Good Luck Future Trooper!

Thanks for the tip! Can't wait to get to trooping!

Good call, Randy!  And absolutely something you should think about doing, Cameron.  If your'e gonna' do it... do it right!

• Like 1

That was my kit I just finished and was accepted without haven to alter anything. I made a ESB TK people on here are awesome and helped me a lot. Start getting your stuff for building now. Elastic, nylon, snaps, split rivets, E6000, and so on. I took two months of building about 2-3 hours a night you can do it !

TK-10596

• Like 1

Good call, Randy!  And absolutely something you should think about doing, Cameron.  If your'e gonna' do it... do it right!

Wouldn't have it any other way!

That was my kit I just finished and was accepted without haven to alter anything. I made a ESB TK people on here are awesome and helped me a lot. Start getting your stuff for building now. Elastic, nylon, snaps, split rivets, E6000, and so on. I took two months of building about 2-3 hours a night you can do it !

TK-10596

Can't wait to get it completed! I've got quite a lot of faith in the people here to give me the help I need! :)

• Like 2

I too just got a AM 2.0 kit. I haven't started building yet. I've been gathering all the needed build supplies. As this is my first build ever, I've been reading and watching how to videos. Hopefully all this preparation will make the actual build a bit easier with less mistakes.

• Like 1

Congratulations on choosing the AM2.0.............Welcome to the club :)

Thanks! Glad to be a part of it!

I too just got a AM 2.0 kit. I haven't started building yet. I've been gathering all the needed build supplies. As this is my first build ever, I've been reading and watching how to videos. Hopefully all this preparation will make the actual build a bit easier with less mistakes.

Sounds like we're doing the exact same thing then! I'm hoping it does.

While we're at it, anyone have any recommendations for a place to get under shirts / pants? Planning on using TK Boots for the boots, anyone got any ideas? Thanks!

Thanks! Glad to be a part of it!

Sounds like we're doing the exact same thing then! I'm hoping it does.

While we're at it, anyone have any recommendations for a place to get under shirts / pants? Planning on using TK Boots for the boots, anyone got any ideas? Thanks!

Welcome to the AM 2.0 club! Mine was my first build as well. The first cut is the hardest, but once you get going it gets easier.

I bought the under shirt and pants from Academy sports, because their generic brand has black stitching. I bought my boots from Imperial Boots.

I followed ukwrath and Navajo bros build threads as well as watching videos from the YouTube channel "Armor Building with TK1636".

As everyone else has mentioned, get all of your supplies ahead of time. Buy more clamps and rare earth magnets than you think you need and it will speed up your build.

Have fun!

• Like 2

Welcome to the AM 2.0 club! Mine was my first build as well. The first cut is the hardest, but once you get going it gets easier.

I bought the under shirt and pants from Academy sports, because their generic brand has black stitching. I bought my boots from Imperial Boots.

I followed ukwrath and Navajo bros build threads as well as watching videos from the YouTube channel "Armor Building with TK1636".

As everyone else has mentioned, get all of your supplies ahead of time. Buy more clamps and rare earth magnets than you think you need and it will speed up your build.

Have fun!

Appreciate the tips, will be looking into Academy very soon... Any tips on where to get the majority of the snaps / misc. supplies? Would a store like Home Depot or Lowes have the majority of them or should I go online to scope stuff out?

Appreciate the tips, will be looking into Academy very soon... Any tips on where to get the majority of the snaps / misc. supplies? Would a store like Home Depot or Lowes have the majority of them or should I go online to scope stuff out?

I've heard not to buy the Dritz brand snaps that Walmart carries. I bought the line 24 snaps made by Tandy, I believe I got them from Amazon. You can get the scissors from joann's or amazon, the elastic, e6000, Velcro, paint pens at joaann's or walmart. I received enough extra abs plastic from Troopergear with the armor for any extra things. Earth magnets from eBay. Got the neck seal from Darmen here on the boards.

Once you get some build time under you ur belt your belt, you mat want to switch to CA glue (I used Gorilla glue) for things like cover strips since there is no wait time.

• Like 1

I've heard not to buy the Dritz brand snaps that Walmart carries. I bought the line 24 snaps made by Tandy, I believe I got them from Amazon. You can get the scissors from joann's or amazon, the elastic, e6000, Velcro, paint pens at joaann's or walmart. I received enough extra abs plastic from Troopergear with the armor for any extra things. Earth magnets from eBay. Got the neck seal from Darmen here on the boards.

Once you get some build time under you ur belt your belt, you mat want to switch to CA glue (I used Gorilla glue) for things like cover strips since there is no wait time.

Will DEFINITELY keep this in mind. Nearly got some Dritz snaps the other day, glad I avoided it! I think I'll stick to the E6000 glue until the essentials (helmet and torso) are completely done, and only consider it when I'm absolutely ready to do some permanent work.

Excited to say that both my boots and my kit arrive today! Can't wait!

Edit:

Just found out they both originated in the same city and rode the same truck all the way across the country!

Edited by TheBlooperTrooper

Excited to say that both my boots and my kit arrive today! Can't wait!

Edit:

Just found out they both originated in the same city and rode the same truck all the way across the country!

Awesome. Have fun man, just remember to measure twice and cut once and you'll be fine.

• Like 1

So the BBB arrived and I'm moving over to an official build through to get down to business over here:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/39091-bloopers-am-20-anh-build/

Appreciate all the support guys!