Kubo and the Two Strings - The Moon Sisters

MrKite6

Hello! I was wondering if some people could help me figure out/dissect the costume of The Moon Sisters from Kubo and the Two Strings.

References:

afa0b6407a4d575e246caf0a34e39ce2.jpg

fef723f36cbc04572206b6d7b625e8c8.jpg

464bb6a4f1af381b7e5b639762a71b60.jpg

f5bc204ad7d64cc08c16074d75a3fded.jpg

I'm wondering if the pants are hakamas, but not sure what material.

I was also looking into the material used on their sleeves and under-shirt. I've come to the conclusion that it's likely a sort of rope-like netting over a black base. It's a bit difficult, being a miniature scale and all.

c0e9426b8d92d628a70a9f8666edfe42.jpg

This stuff is the closest I could find, but it doesn't look QUITE right. Thoughts?

2ef91f78541bcc448d3f5b1f089aa1db.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by MrKite6

Hmm.. I think you might get more help over at the RPF. Over here at FISD plastic is more our thing. :smiley-sw013:

Good luck though! :)

I've had a post on the RPF for almost a month and no one has really commented :/ I've even been commenting on it occasionally so that it doesn't get buried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

For the models used in the movie, I am assuming they used paper for the costumes for the better suiting texture for smaller scale. The netting seems like it is just another layer of laser cut paper, not actual netting. For full scale costume I think you do not need to follow actual medium! Hope this helps!