1st question...don't beat me up too bad :)

So, been doing research...have a lot more to do, but a little impatient LOL

I have been looking at armor and was looking at "Complete Stormtrooper Commission" by RS Prop Masters.

Couple of questions, concerns, thoughts...

Pros and Cons going this way?

Just beginning this journey...is it frowned upon have the company assemble vs you?

Coming from them, will this be 501st approved?

I see Anovos has a kit for $600...

Again, sorry, this is my first question...

Jeff

Hi, Jeff... Welcome to the FISD... and for your question about pro n cons maybe someone more knowledgeable than me can explained.<br>

may i know how height n weight... because if I'm not mistaken some armor made for some type of height...<br>

or you can read this <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/page-1'>http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/page-1</a><br>

and this <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31404-supply-list-for-your-tk-build/'>http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31404-supply-list-for-your-tk-build/</a><br><br>

and maybe you can browsed some of the armor build threads here in the forum...lots of good stuff, tips and tricks about armor build.<br>

Best regards, Louis.

Hey Jeff! 

No need to apologize for asking questions! That's what this site is for. :)

I haven't gotten anything from RS but I know many people here have.

But getting a the assembled vs. unassembled will not affect your acceptance into the 501st, but rather how the armor fits and looks on you. I know people have gotten the full commission and been accepted. Ultimately I'd recommend that you build your own suit, this way you'll be sure that it fits you perfectly, BUT if you're not too handy with tools getting a commission isn't frowned upon at all.

Hope I answered some of your questions and I hope that someone who has dealt with RS can answer your more specific questions.

Cheers! :)

• Like 1

Hi Jeff!  Great to hear that you have been doing your research, and like Aaron mentioned, there is no need for apologies for asking questions.. it's part what we're here for!   

RS is a great company, and their kit is pretty much ready for Centurion level right out of the box if you choose to have them build it for you.  There is no stigma involved in having someone do it for you, but there is obviously a higher cost and wait time.

I have read of a few cases where certain pieces did not fit correctly and had to be exchanged, but their customer service is second to none.  So if you don't have the time to build you own, RS is certainly a great option.

The Anovos kit has the advantage of having the bucket complete, and is a relatively easy build, especially with the incredible build threads here, and can also be taken to level 3.

For an absolute perfect fit, and if you feel you have the ability, I always recommend doing it yourself.  Yes, it takes time, but with the various tutorials here and our help you are in good hands.

Best of luck, and again, don't be shy about asking for help.

• Like 2

I know a couple of people with the RS commisions (1 TK & 1 TB) and the fit on both was excellent.  When you order they ask for measurements I believe to get it right.

Down sides:

• It's more expensive
  • the TK came with some yellowing of the ABS where they used a glue acclerator.  He did complain but not sure what happened. 
  • You didn't build it so when you need to make some repairs, which you will, you won't be as experianced with the materials and techniques.

Pros will be you don't need the space and time to build it or the large pile of "other bits" people forget and all add to the cost.

I wouldn't worry about clearance, so long as the measurements are right and so the fit good even the pickiest GML shouldn't find issue with an RS.

I personally enjoyed building my suit but I also know it's not for everyone.

• Like 1

To be honest, at 6' 220lbs its going to be challenging to get an RS kit to fit you. Might want to look at an AM 2.0 instead, but those don't come with the option of a commissioned build.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes AM 2.0 works well with people of this size. I'm 5'10" 185 lbs mine looks great took 2.5 months working about 2 hours a night. Have to be crafty and some decent tools though.

TK-10596