F11 Heavy Blaster electronics

ShadyP

Does anyone have a schematic for how you wired lights and possibly sounds into your F11?  I'm working on assembling one of the 3D models available here (http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/32544-free-tfa-f-11d-3d-printable-files-available-now/).  I've seen posts regarding balloon lights in the mag and counter but I'm unsure how/where to put a switch to turn them on/off.  I'd also like to wire the muzzle with lights to emulate the blaster firing.  

If you've done this, please post how or PM me.  I'd also be interesting in buying an electronics kit from someone that knows what they are doing.  I don't mind doing the wiring/soldering myself but... lets just say I'm not very good at it and not talk about the small fires that I've 'accidentally' lit in my workroom. 

I don't have sounds, but I have full lights in my mag and counter. It's not how it was done on the screen-used blaster - I understand that the mag and counter lights were completely independent of each other - but I like the convenience of having both sets of lights running from a single power source.

I talk about how I did it here:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/38644-my-f-11d-heavy-build/

I don't have sounds, but I have full lights in my mag and counter. It's not how it was done on the screen-used blaster - I understand that the mag and counter lights were completely independent of each other - but I like the convenience of having both sets of lights running from a single power source.

I talk about how I did it here:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/38644-my-f-11d-heavy-build/

Thanks! I'll check this out.  I'm hoping to also put a strip of LEDs down the muzzle as well to show 'the shot' emit through the barrel and end at a red LED at the end.  I've yet to find screen shots to backup my idea, but.... 

Thanks! I'll check this out.  I'm hoping to also put a strip of LEDs down the muzzle as well to show 'the shot' emit through the barrel and end at a red LED at the end.  I've yet to find screen shots to backup my idea, but....

I've actually seen the footage you need. I was planning on doing that as well, but in my version of Germain's files (v1) the trigger is static - so I didn't have a "realistic" way to trigger the LEDs.

You'll get the screen shots you need if you go frame-by-frame during the opening raid on the Jakku village. There is also extra behind-the-scenes footage on the DVD that shows the barrel lighting effect.

• Like 1