Back Plate Help

So I am making great progress on my Anovos build thanks to Ukswrath but hit a snag. I am 6'3" so height will be an issue so I was heating the shoulders in boiling water to straighten them out for my height.

The issue is some heat must have traveled up the pan from the flame and warped the side.

7dbccd9120fe9fd2a8696f99041ab402.jpg8b9942928e3015967e9cfe24916cf528.jpgea7077be80fdfa2b732c846ff9ed022d.jpg1ad694ee5a3c0b57e262dfd274bc2233.jpg

So questions......

1. Will this affect any level of approval?

2. Should I bother trying to fix it?

3. Is it worth the risk of more damage trying to fix it?

4. How would I try to fix it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I am making great progress on my Anovos build thanks to Ukswrath but hit a snag. I am 6'3" so height will be an issue so I was heating the shoulders in boiling water to straighten them out for my height.

The issue is some heat must have traveled up the pan from the flame and warped the side.

So questions......

1. Will this affect any level of approval?

2. Should I bother trying to fix it?

3. Is it worth the risk of more damage trying to fix it?

4. How would I try to fix it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Brian, sorry to see that happen. Man that sux! On a positive note this will not effect any levels of approval. We will most undoubtedly recommend you fix it in the future, but if everything is on par you'll be ok.

How to fix? This armor is so thin in spots I would avoid any more heat. That said, if you had a big enough pot to isolate it from the side (damaged area) I say do a trial dip for half the time duration then see if you can gently reshape it. Other than that leave it alone, I doubt anyone but yourself will really notice it.