What Bucket is This?

Found this going through the official Star Wars blog and couldn't decide what bucket it was. Looks a bit like an MR CE... but there have been mods if it is (tube stripes for one.)

Any ideas?

2591428970_2b75110399.jpg.436105f514dda8173b4cbd7d6723062d.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

It's not an MRCE. I'm sitting here looking at mine and the ears are all wrong. The indents above the brow aren't as deep as the MRCE also there doesn't appear to be a seam along the corners of the mouth. Curious. I wonder if it's one of the Disney made lids. There was a brief mention of Disney made armor on the 501st podcast recently. I'm hardly an expert though. Interesting mystery.

I was just down at Disney for the opening weekend of SWW, and I would bet that's one of the Disney made TKs. We were all looking at them closely when they were wandering the park- their helm looked just like the one in the pic. Also, those were the only TKs who were allowed to mingle with the crowds , hence the autograph signing.

Were those pulled from the Tour suits and the SE reshoot suits?

I saw some of the Disney TKs up close last year at Disneyland after CIV. Although I didn't know as much about TKs as I do now. The 501st suits look better IMO, the Disney suits look a little thin and flimsy.

i thought the disney buckets had eyeholes that joined in the middle and that was covered with mesh instead of a lens to allow for better airflow.

I believe you're thinking of the Japanese Stunt Show TKs.

I believe you're thinking of the Japanese Stunt Show TKs.

No, I was at SWW three years ago and I have a picture of the TK with the connected eyes with vents. Maybe they changed them in the last couple of years but Nootch is correct

TK-4510 said:
Actually I think that IS a Disney lid.. This is the NEW armor...

----------

Yep! Looks like Disney for sure!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

It's funny how now I look at these photos and say to myself that is all wrong...I mean yeah it looks like a TK but it looks like a mish mash of different style armors. It's too bad we aren't allowed to mix with the crowds...I understand the whole "special training" thing but seriously, we represent LFL when we are doing these things they should give us a little credit.

yay its been posted again, number 5 now. lets see who else puts it up.

and that disney stuff looks too good for rubies.

I will agree that the quality is good and probably very durable...it would have to be unless they had a staff repearing armor here and there, they just look different (and not in a bad way just different)

I will agree that the quality is good and probably very durable...it would have to be unless they had a staff repearing armor here and there, they just look different (and not in a bad way just different)

Well, if it's Disney I've heard the actors / street people swipe their ID card when coming to work... then their costume is whisked around on a conveyor belt hanger for them to change into. At the end of the day they hang their costume again, swipe their card, and off it goes to be washed (or cleaned in this case) and repaired / repainted / etc.

Disney also have people that come out every night to repaint any parts of the buildings / signage / etc. that needs repainting.

So yeah, it doesn't look like Rubies... but even if they did break it I'm sure it would be fixed the next morning. B)

I was also at SWW with Margaret, and we noticed several things:

1) The calf pieces are held down with straps under the boots.

2) The boots have white soles

3) The thigh pieces are a little large

4) The cod/ab pieces seem to be more pronounced when it comes to detail

5) The belt is shiny vinyl

6) The forearms and biceps are LARGE, and connected together with black straps

7) The ab plate seems too big

8) The back is not a clean pull

9) The bucket is also somewhat off (already been discussed)

10) The tube stripes and tears/traps are black

(Can you say I noticed!!!)

Anyway, we sort of decided that this was all for flexibility and visual support, since the black stands out more than the blue does. It was sure fun standing with few feet of a Disney TK and saying "There is no way I would troop in that". I guess the truth is we might, given the fact they got to mingle with the crowd, and we had to just march, no waving, no nodding, no nothin'. They did the the RL do that, so it just further emphasizes the term "You Rebel Scum!!!"

Anyway, that's my $.02

IIRC Disney makes all armor in house, and have a tight control on what gets out. Kinda like LFL in a way, you arent going to see that armor anytime soon for sale.

With the money disney has, I can imagine that they have a few vac form machines... LOL...

Those are for sure Disney armor. My wife and I are marching every day of every weekend and see them back stage and also all over the park and at the celebrity interview pre-show. When I inquired I was told they are fiberglass and are designed with adjustable straps to "fit" them to the wearer. Basically a one size fits all armor, Disney however only "casts" appropriately sized individuals (cast members) based on role. That being said the thighs are so big that when they sign autographs they stick their E-11's into their thighs along side their legs. Those are some thin troopers!