TK11427 - My First Troop - Speyer Technik Museum Sci-Fi Convention

Addertime

Today, I attended my first troop and it was a blast! 240 members of the German Garrison signed up to attend and somewhere on the web there will be photos of a bunch of us in the hold of an Antonov Cargo plane for a group photo.

Much like the journey of the TK build itself, my first event was filled with moments I've read about here on FISD many times. Camaraderie, feeling like a celebrity, being part of something that is a shared lifelong dream... all those things became real moments as I walked and talked with people at the event and it was awesome but one moment stands out in my mind, I was walking through the vendor area early in the event and out of the corner of my eye I noticed a little girl, maybe 4 or 5 years old, in a white Princess Leia gown, her blonde hair put up in two buns, staring at me intently. I stopped and looked toward her, bent down and gave the little-kid-wave (hand up and just fingers) and her eyes went wide, her jaw dropped and she instantly raised her little hand and mimicked my wave. She seemed just awestruck that I had acknowledged her in the crowd. I turned to walk away and looked back, she wasn't tugging on her parents to tell the story, she was keeping it for herself and smiling from ear to ear as she watched me walk away. That was a pretty amazing feeling. :)

_DSF5516_resize.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated
  • Like 3

Great Troop, and thanks for sharing this, Michael!  It's the moments like the one you mentioned that make this all worthwhile... (even if she is a Rebel, LOL)