New black series stormtrooper helmet Hasbro.

TKedt

Good point.

FX armor is still 501st approved, minus the helmet. The non-FX helmets being used are most likely 501st approved also. This combination is very common, I even have set of FX armor with ATA helmet.

The black series helmet is designed after the Rogue One movie armor which is also considerably different than the classic OTTK  widely seen today. Until that particular armor becomes available and approved by the 501st, wearing it in public for official troops would be questionable. Disney and Lucas are very strict when it comes to being in public with their intellectual property. They want everyone to look a certain way. I'm sorry if I come across as a joy killer, it's not my intention. 

Bottom line, if you're asking if it's ok to troop with the Black series helmet, you might want to ask your garrison GML first. 

• Like 1

Don't mix the apples with the oranges please. This helmet will probably be troopable... but for a Rogue One stormtrooper armor only. So until someone decides to make this armor, keep it for unofficial events. And like Tony says, even for these it would be better to ask your GML first to be sure.

If you notice in the profile pic of the last image on the Hasbro page, there's a panel seam in the rear of the helmet, I'm assuming for a battery door.

---------

I'm guessing it would need to be filled, unless it turns out the same on screen.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

• 1 month later...

I almost picked one up at Walmart the other day. It was assembled and damaged, and they would not discount it, so I said keep it. I did get a good look at it.

Not much different than the MR. With work, this helmet should be fine to troop in and would accompany approved stormtrooper kits. It will need some filling, sanding and repainting. The price is kind of high for the work involved, but it does have built-in sound. 

• 1 month later...