Question on TK

I was watching ANH the other day on an airplane. Now that I am committed to becoming a TK I now watch more closely at the armor. I noticed for the first time that the stormtroopers in this photo has no thermal detonator. Is that the hero version I hear about? If not

Please set this noob straight. Thank you.

post-29573-147446792394_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 9/21/2016 at 10:28 PM, scottdm62 said:

I was watching ANH the other day on an airplane. Now that I am committed to becoming a TK I now watch more closely at the armor. I noticed for the first time that the stormtroopers in this photo has no thermal detonator. Is that the hero version I hear about? If not

The belt is different.. It seems that the one stormtrooper had no canister but rather had a grappling hook on his belt. That would be the one Luke dons in A New Hope. There is a post somewhere that references that not all Stormtroopers had the O2 / Thermal Detonator canister... 

• Like 1

On 9/21/2016 at 10:28 PM, scottdm62 said:

Hey Scott first off welcome to the FISD.

As Ted mention there is a grappling hook visible however, though there's no TD shown in this seen it is a required part of the armor as a whole IF you do not have the grappling hook installed.

Hope that makes sense.