Yet another Doopy's Build........(Pic Heavy)

msouza

OK So After much research and placing myself on ATA's waiting list and patiently awaiting my big brown box to arrive I do what any trooper in the making should do... order a Doopy's Kit. After checking and rechecking I noticed that the typical OUT OF STOCK button was missing.

I've seen a few topics and even started one myself as far as dealing with Doopy's so here's my timeline. 

Ordered a full kit on Aug 7th

Received the Dispatched email on the 29th

Package arrived to me on Sept.15th

xaPGeqG.jpg

After reading and rereading FISD E-11 Reference guide and Tino's and many other post I open the box and think what the

heck did I get myself into? I have zero experience with any type of model building other then the snap together never mind anything else so here goes nothing. First things first..everything gets a bath and goes onto the workbench. The blue mat is an old yoga mat it helps keep things in place and offers a little cushion between the resin and hard workbench surface.

mdgGT2d.jpg

Being the first time I've dealt with anything like this I figured I would start with the trigger and trigger guard first.

started by marking out where the excess material and sand it to the line.

jo0I4L1.jpg

Here they are finished.

UmZ0JdH.jpg

I have to say that I'm pleased with my work. I took my time as I wasn't sure how hard or easy the material would be to work.   

Up next was the handle, I made the following mods as you can see,replaced the plastic screw for a brass screw on the free & lock position.

Installed a acorn nut on the opposite side and added a 6mm socket head cap screw as you can see I drilled it out a bit to big, I have both a 6 and an 8mm screw so I'm debating on filling the space with modeling clay or just install the larger screw to fit the hole. 

C6GUnlq.jpg

1ABC3B8A-E03F-40D3-B4D7-057FB671516A.jpg

mqJ75g8.jpg

Now that I sit & stare at it in a photo I think it looks a little small. Not sure how I got 6mm in my head but I think I'll change it out.

Time to mark out the barrel & drill along with work on the folding stock. On the stock I drilled out for rivets and a roll pin and also added the wooden dowel on the underside.

41lj2TV.jpg

x2H426U.jpg

hkiMcou.jpg

Z9W1c5f.jpgD

Drilled the handle to add a couple screws for support along with the trigger spring.

gZH8bhU.jpg

Some E6000 a couple screws and rubber bands for the win!!

v1ukcvF.jpg

This is where I'm at so far,I'll try and update it as it moves forward and I look forward to any comments and criticism.

Thanks for looking

u4NQOZK.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Mike, thanks for mentioning (and using) the Blaster Reference. That is exactly what it has been made for. And you are on a good way with your build...

That blue yoga mat gives a nice background to the bright resin parts (unless you start painting)  :D 

(...)   Not sure how I got 6mm in my head but I think I'll change it out.    (...)

Well, I know of at least one thread you have read, which states this screw to be in size M6  ;)

Outer diameter of an M6 screw head is about 9,75 mm or 0.384 inch. Just see if you can find something close to that...
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

MY GOD Photo bucket has to be the worst site in existence!! How the continue to operate is just dumbfounding. (ok mini rant over on with an update :blink: )

Cleaned up the folding stock & added some hardware. 

gZWLeaG.jpg

Also added the set screw for the magazine holder.

Du60pff.jpg

And I can't even tell you how much easier it is to use a rubber band on the smaller pieces. I was finding that the spring clamps couldn't conform to the things I was trying to glue up to get a good set to them. 

OhAqjau.jpg

QclT4Y9.jpg

I used the led off a key chain flashlight and will fill it with foam. I also need to punch the "off" into the top.

ibcMrCb.jpg

I also started on the front site. Not to sure if I'm going to put the dovetail into the barrel, while I find the resin easy to work with I'm not sure if I'm ready to cut into it that deep.

7L3e6nU.jpg

HWzfVd9.jpg

Still need to take more out of it though.

29348944274_ab34079a24_z.jpg

I also picked this up at toys-r-us for five bucks and the glass fits almost perfect!

F8UxiwR.jpg

29350771493_11da597171_m.jpg

Up next are the ejection port & guard

Inner bolt, plunger,extractor and recoil spring

Rear sight, end cap & D Ring

Thanks

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...