Star Wars Battlefront Death Star DLC Trailer

TK-16845

Is it a bad thing that I only play Imperials exclusivelyl? :) And apparently with this patch they are going to allow A TON more Imperial customization, like being able to PICK different color shoulder pauldrons for TKs!!!!!!

Edited by Netliquid

It's so beautiful :D<br><br>

That scene of the trench run just reminded me of pumping coins into an arcade machine in the 80s. But not vector graphics :D

Hahaha yeah I remember going into our local arcade at the mall as a kid (the only arcade in town) and playing the Star Wars Arcade game for hours!

Also for this DLC there is a new mode that takes place in 3 parts called Battlesation - http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/news-from-gamescom

As quoted from that article:

"In Phase 1 you’ll be flying X-wings and A-wings against TIE fighters and TIE interceptors in space! The main objective in this phase is for Rebels to destroy enough TIE fighters until their Y-wing support can come in to weaken the Star Destroyer’s defenses. Once vulnerable, Rebel starfighters can attack the weak spots in an effort to bring the Star Destroyer down. In an effort to help defend this key asset for the Empire, players along with AI ships will be set up to help defend the Star Destroyer.

Phase 2 will have players fighting inside this iconic space station among areas inspired by the classic trilogy.  Rebel infantry will be tasked with extracting a priority droid from within the Death Star. Amidst the chaos of battle, you’ll be able to gain an advantage by taking up arms as our new heroes Bossk and Chewbacca!

And finally, in the culmination of the new mode, players head back into space where the Rebels need to end the battle once and for all - by blowing up the Death Star! Players can become the hero of the Rebellion, Luke Skywalker, in his Red-5 X-wing as they attempt to destroy the Empire’s ultimate weapon. But beware as Darth Vader has been dispatched to protect the Empire's asset in his TIE Advanced."

Edited by Netliquid

Went on a Battlefront hiatus for MONTHS since I didn't bother with the season pass. Well, after knowing that the Death Star DLC was coming this month I couldn't pass it up. Broke down and got it. Playable navy troopers?? Also finally my Xbox gamertag, MyBuddyBossk, can finally live up to what it was created for. I also have to add the Bespin maps are great! Going from crowded Endor maps to the openness of the Bespin maps is really refreshing.

• Like 1

Went on a Battlefront hiatus for MONTHS since I didn't bother with the season pass. Well, after knowing that the Death Star DLC was coming this month I couldn't pass it up. Broke down and got it. Playable navy troopers?? Also finally my Xbox gamertag, MyBuddyBossk, can finally live up to what it was created for. I also have to add the Bespin maps are great! Going from crowded Endor maps to the openness of the Bespin maps is really refreshing.

Yeah they have really come a long way with this game all for the better. I was gonna get the Season Pass either way so its all good. Like I said the customization they are adding is just amazing, gonna feel like a brand new game with all the new unlockable skins.

I really need to get with the program and buy a new gaming console. This looks amazing! <br>

Thanks for sharing.

The cool thing is that they added a Skirmish mode so you can play offline if you want too, which I find to be more cinematic. I turn off the in game music and use my own Spotify Playlist I made just for Battlefront - https://open.spotify.com/user/netliquid/playlist/0itr1jr3gv89WdidRaZj0I

Blink. How much offline gameplay is there?

There are some 'missions' with not a lot of depth (training, survival mode etc), but the skirmish mode allows you to play a full scale battle made up with bots. Player chooses skill level of bots. It's a good way to learn the ropes and try out things like AT-AT gunner, AT-ST, etc, which human players normally pounce on immediately.

• Like 2

They just had a 2 hour livestream showing off the DLC for tomorrow. They have some AMAZING new customization options for both sides. And no more helmetless Stormtroopers!! Here is what the Imperials look like https://youtu.be/0AhIq9DtXKA?t=3177

Edited by Netliquid

They just had a 2 hour livestream showing off the DLC for tomorrow. They have some AMAZING new customization options for both sides. And no more helmetless Stormtroopers!! Here is what the Imperials look like https://youtu.be/0AhIq9DtXKA?t=3177

No freakin waaaaay. Oh man. Good job, Dice, looks like you're really making up for the last few months!