Kidney plate notch

RLH2515

17e2308abac92467f51285bbfb1e564f.jpg so here on my armor I went 22mm back from the point on the armor for the start. But it's a good 47mm down. Do I just cut the 22mm square out ? Or have I done right in my drawing ? Armor is AM 2.0

RLH2515

85925af0f1b49e108b103bc11ef7d56a.jpg so I'm thinking after seeing a few more pictures the line in the center is where I should cut. 22mm square and not worry about meeting the top ridge. It's hidden by the belt after all but I'll be shooting for EIB and later centurion

RLH2515

The AM2.0 kit is 10% bigger on average. So it's been tough to go by the standard measures.

I personally am just going for basic right now with my AM2.0. The notch is one less thing I have to worry about. I can always come back to it if I decide on EIB or Centurion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The second option will be just fine...  Like you said, it will be hidden anyway.  GREAT to hear that you are going for EIB, (and hopefully Centurion after that)!

Additionally, if you decide to put the notches in the armor, they should be 22mm tall and as long as they need to be in order to maintain a 22mm height from the back of the notch until the front of the armor plate.

The CRL needs to be updated to reflect the change, but the notch is no longer a requirement for armor at any level.

well hell if it's not needed I'll not be doing it lol

RLH2515

• Like 1

85925af0f1b49e108b103bc11ef7d56a.jpg so I'm thinking after seeing a few more pictures the line in the center is where I should cut. 22mm square and not worry about meeting the top ridge. It's hidden by the belt after all but I'll be shooting for EIB and later centurion

RLH2515

If the armour didn't come with it the notch is no longer required. The crl hasn't been updated yet.
  • Like 1