surfingdragon's anovos build

So what are we waiting for? Lets get this build rolling!

Ā 

Just make sure you dont' follow the Anovos instructions which will lead you wrong in a few places. Ā If in doubt ask here and someone will help you.

Ā 

Remember it's not a race and slow and steady will give you a far better result.

• 2 weeks later...

ok guys I've been trying to upload my photos via photo bucket according to the instructions you posted (thank you, by the way :)). but when I get the picture on here I hit post but nothing happens.Ā  Am I doing something wrong?ā€‹ I've already gotten a lot done and want to post some pics to get ready to submit.

Edited by surfingdragon

ok guys I've been trying to upload my photos via photo bucket according to the instructions you posted (thank you, by the way :)). but when I get the picture on here I hit post but nothing happens.Ā  Am I doing something wrong?ā€‹ I've already gotten a lot done and want to post some pics to get ready to submit.

Looks like the image address is a bit messed up. Ā Are you trying to put multiple images in one [ img ] [/ img] tag? You can only have on in each, so if you have multiple images you will need one set of img tags for each image.

Welcome, Todd!

Ā 

We look forward to helping you out with your build. Get those photos posted, so we can see how it's going!

Ā 

And yes, PLEASE do yourself a favor and thoroughly read over Tony's build thread (Ukswrath, link was posted above) before you get too far. Anovos has a number of incorrect things in their instructions, if you are building for 501st approval. They'll get it built, if you just want it for Cons and Halloween, but they'll be wrong for the 501st and you'll end up with a lot of extra work to undo the mistakes they have.

Ā 

Where in SoCal are you? Armor parties with local troopers can definitely help clear up any questions you may have, as well. :)

Ā 

I look forward to trooping with you!

• 2 weeks later...

todd,

you are definitely going to have to add to shims on the sides to close those gaps.

Ā 

I'm sure the approval team will let you know, but you should already start working on that.

Ā 

It looks like your height may be a bit of a hindrance, but your back should be touching your kidney plate as well. You may need to make your shoulder straps longer so that the back can touch the kidney plate.

The gaps on sides, between the ab and kidney plates, are fine for basic approval, just not EIB or higher.Ā  Shims make it look a LOT better, and they're not that difficult, so I definitely recommend them to anyone who needs them, but they're definitely not required for basic approval.

Ā 

The gap in the back could be an issue, however.Ā  I think the back plate can come down a bit, and the entire lower half of the clamshell should come up.Ā  The cod should really be crowding the manly bits.Ā  I don't think Todd is so tall that there should be a problem, once it's all fitted correctly, judging by the legs, unless he has an unusually long torso (way disproportionate to the legs).Ā  Moving the ab up will also allow the chest to go higher, so the shoulder straps aren't pulled so far to the front, and allow them to curl over the shoulders more naturally. (and put less stress on those thin shoulder straps, which are going to crack sooner rather than later if they're bent like that)

Ā 

Technically the shins have been built backwards.Ā  They're on the wrong leg.Ā  Reversing them would require changing the back strip so they still open to the inside, however, so unless that's simple (and E6000 was used instead of CA glue), it's not worth making that change, since it won't affect approval and only a handful of people can even recognize the problem.

Edited by kman

Good Job Todd!

You look like you meet all the requirements for basic approval.

You will need a lot of work for EIB and Centurion.

Just like the others said, you also might want to give the back plate a hot water bath to bend up the upper area where the shoulder straps meet.

Again, Looks good for basic approval.

Edited by Jaren

• 2 weeks later...