Anovos

I have been researching my guts out to buy my first armor kit. I think maybe I will get one from Anovos. <br>

My question is, should I get just the armor kit or get the kit with soft goods?<br>

I wasn't sure if I could get better soft goods for the same or less money or not. <br>

Any help or other suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Certainly you can source the soft goods for less than the $200.00 Anovos is charging. I have their soft goods (which i am not using, just for back up) and think they are not terrible. . . . . . . . but definitely not the best you can get. The most expensive item to buy i think would be the neckseal if you are looking for a nice one, roughly $100.00 morre or less. there are cheaper ones as well. compression shirts and pants can be about $40.00~$60.00 per set roughly speaking. i do find it hard these days to find pure black compression pants, always they have extra seams or colored stitching. also the same brand shirts and pants do not always seem the same shade of black. thsoe are some of the pitfalls of sourcing your own stuff. Hope that helps.

• Like 1

If you're paying full price for the kit then you're better off skipping on the soft goods in my opinion. At the introductory price it was worth it, not so much at full retail. 

Agreed that it's not worth the $200 they're charging for the upgrade.

A Darman neck seal, arguably one of the best (and most popular), and custom sized, is under $50 (here on the sales forums). Black rubber chemical gloves are about $5. Then you just need all black compression top and bottom (or one piece). Should all come in for less than $200, easy to source (without a wait from Anovos), and under $200. (possibly under $100, depending on the undersuit you choose)

I wouldn't pay for the Anovos soft goods. I use the neck seal as I've not got another but the under suit has certainly been religated to a backup.

The neck seal is quite nice but I don't think it will last long. It's also quite big, which is great for my 17+" neck but I'm a minority, most people have loads of room.

^^ I agree.  I actually like the neck seal, but it happens to fit me well. ("one size fits some")  But I agree that it's longevity is dubious at best.  When it starts to no longer work as it should, I'll be going with a Darman seal anyway, which has been proven to last for many, many years.  (and which is custom sized so they fit anyone perfectly)

I have the Anovos w/ neck seal. The zipper is holding up well for me (still difficult to zip around the bend from bib to rib) but the bib rubberized material is starting to break down. Noticing flaking on my suit and there's an area in the rear where the base fabric is becoming visible. Not sure if it's from all the helmet removals or what, will be looking for a more durable finish option in the future.

As far as undersuits are concerned, I have tried them all. One piece, two piece, motorcycle undersuits, sports compression suits, cheap, expensive, recommended and the rest.

And the one thing that is the most comfortable and cost effective - are of course the cheapest ones. 

Im not sure if you have UNIQLO in America, but their 'HEAT TECH' undergarments are what I use and have been using for the last 18 months. They cost no more than $15 a piece for top and bottom, and all you have make sure is to buy at least a size down depending on how tight you want it. 

Its super lightweight and durable for what it is, breathable and very quick to dry if wet. They also have an 'extra warm' version for the winter months. Same price Im sure. 

Hope this helps. 

As far as undersuits are concerned, I have tried them all. One piece, two piece, motorcycle undersuits, sports compression suits, cheap, expensive, recommended and the rest.

And the one thing that is the most comfortable and cost effective - are of course the cheapest ones. 

Im not sure if you have UNIQLO in America, but their 'HEAT TECH' undergarments are what I use and have been using for the last 18 months. They cost no more than $15 a piece for top and bottom, and all you have make sure is to buy at least a size down depending on how tight you want it. 

Its super lightweight and durable for what it is, breathable and very quick to dry if wet. They also have an 'extra warm' version for the winter months. Same price Im sure. 

Hope this helps. 

Whish I'd known about those a month ago!  No logos I can see either.