Mysterious Blue Stains [AP armor]

Wow so I have one of those "stains" on one of my MTK shoulder bells and it was driving me crazy for a while.  Had no idea where it came from.  Its like a 3" line on the outside of my shoulder bell.  Now I just look at it, get annoyed and just troop anyway.  I figured I would just eventually get around to replacing it.  But now thinking about it, maybe it does come from the Hyperfirm?  I sometimes put it in my bin with the armor and not in the tray in my stanley box.  Maybe this could be it?  I don't wrap the hyperfirm and I just throw it in the bin like a dummy.  The only other things I have in there besides armor is my undersuit and neckseal.  But those are always in the tray and don't touch the armor.  Interesting...

It's not the hyperfirm for me, as I don't have mine yet. They're annoying though, right?? The biggest stain off all of them was on my butt plate. It was bad. I got the color pretty dull though from wetsanding and using Novus, but it's still obvious that it's there.

• Like 1

That's what I first thought too, but why don't they appear on the inside of the armor then?

I'm gonna look tonight when I get home but I am pretty sure on some of the cut edges they are darkened by my suit. I noticed around the neck part of the chest the cut has darkened. I have a hospital troop on Wednesday and will be cleaning my armor up tonight. I'll report my findings.

sent from my phone

• Like 1

But now thinking about it, maybe it does come from the Hyperfirm? I sometimes put it in my bin with the armor and not in the tray in my stanley box. Maybe this could be it? I don't wrap the hyperfirm and I just throw it in the bin like a dummy. The only other things I have in there besides armor is my undersuit and neckseal. But those are always in the tray and don't touch the armor. Interesting...

I do the same, It's the last thing I've throw in the bin and I haven't place it in the same spot twice.

• Like 1

I also had these on my armor before converting to Sandy, but now that im dirty it doesn't matter.. Anyone figure out what is the cause, ive seen a few locals have the same light blue marks all over their AP armor.. Novus plastic polish takes them right off though.. 

Edited by TD42115
  • Like 1

I have the exact same kind of stains on the outside of one of the shoulder bells and bicep pieces. Best I can figure it rubbed against my undersuit in the bottom of my box.

Also to note, it does come off with AA steel wool.

Steel wool sounds scary! lol

I also had these on my armor before converting to Sandy, but now that im dirty it doesn't matter.. Anyone figure out what is the cause, ive seen a few locals have the same light blue marks all over their AP armor.. Novus plastic polish takes them right off though.. 

I should just go sandy then! lol I've still not figured it out, but as soon as I can I'll post it! I'm glad I'm not alone though! I get them in weird places, like the outside of the butt plate. My under suit never touches that part either. Maybe I sat it on top of the suit at some point, but I really don't think I've ever done that. 

I should just go sandy then! lol I've still not figured it out, but as soon as I can I'll post it! I'm glad I'm not alone though! I get them in weird places, like the outside of the butt plate. My under suit never touches that part either. Maybe I sat it on top of the suit at some point, but I really don't think I've ever done that. 

Life is better on the dirty side  :duim:  lol.. During my build before the conversion i did find blue marks on the armor in random places too. but a quick polish took them right off.. I don't wear a traditional body suit either im wearing UA Cool Gear compression, so that eliminates the body suit cause...  :smiley-sw013: