CTID's Doopy's E-11 Build

Troopacoola

Marc you've done some excellent work on your modifications. In particular the folding stock is outstanding. I'm really enjoying reading through your build thread.

I really appreciate your kind words Chris! I had a look at your build from last year, it looks awesome mate. But, I had to stop at your trigger mod because I started getting the desire to rip my trigger assembly apart and I've got my tk to finish !

How odd though, I've never seen your build before, but we both used the same monicle, counter reels and calipers

Marc

• 3 weeks later...

To the OP, I think you're Garrison might be wrong as the official 501st weapons policy is that weapons are not required for membership.

Blasters are cool but are not and should not be required for them to approve you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To the OP, I think you're Garrison might be wrong as the official 501st weapons policy is that weapons are not required for membership.

Blasters are cool but are not and should not be required for them to approve you.

I think every garrison has their own set of standards. For example, if you put a WIP on FISD, anyone can chime in. Which is fantastic and makes it a more social thread. However, it can have the potential of getting some bad advice, and ultimately lead to some inaccuracies. On the UKG, For both e11 builds and tk builds you are assigned an armourer. You still have to do your WIP threads, but only your approved armourer can post comments. Thus eliminating getting bad advice. I have had it confirmed that you need an e11 to get armour cleared on the UKG.

Marc

Edited by CTID
  • Like 1

As Marc says in the UKG you are required to have a weapon for any character that carries one.  This dates back to the early days of the Garrision, possibly to the pre 501st days.  Though this does not mean we would not honour a request from LFL or the appropriate authorites to not carry a blaster, which has happened.

The armourer system description is pretty much spot on too.  The social side here is nice but I've seen it lead to bad decisions being made when people listen to the wrong person.  The UKG also has quite high standards so the system helps guide the new recruit towards these to ensure consistancy.

Edited by themaninthesuitcase
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I've begun working on a second blaster. This one is for my son for christmas. I decided I wanted to add lights and sound as a bit of a surprise. I have one of bulldogs no 5 hollow scopes which I will be using to house a targeting display. A couple of leds and this is what I have so far.

fddfba34bf5c4d4182511a2cf4a52a3e.jpg

I'm waiting for a toy blaster (which will be the donor for the sound) to arrive.

The trigger is a two stage switch. It works by pressing the trigger half way to bring up the scope lighting and fully press down to trigger the sounds.

Marc

• Like 2

Marc, these are brilliant builds! I love everything about the Doopy kit and I can't wait to see this secondary build!

Cheers mate! I will hopefully have the sound board in place by Monday- depending on free time!

This one won't have the folding stock, but will have a more accurate counter

Marc

• Like 1

So here's how I set up the two part trigger switches.

First off was to make the scope targeting led switch.

This was designed to make contact, in order to light the scope with just a slight squeeze of the trigger, and then maintain contact and illumination whilst the trigger was fully squeezed / firing, along with shutting off when released.

3be727223b6066e7e40e3b76fd3873fe.jpg

Next was to make the contacts for the sound board. This was assembled by running a cable through the trigger to a contact at the rear, which when pressed would complete the circuit by striking the contact in the grip.

e7e02750f243efde140c6497cfc4f075.jpg

I just need to get my hands on the donor blaster and see how the lights look.

Marc

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok all done! I'm really happy.

The boy will be so made up!

Ignore the error with the front sight! It's being addressed in the morning!

9be488db78ca61123a7a22be66047dea.jpg

ee4e77974e778a21f8df2f8fc533c943.jpg

5f4bcfc87a145df2fb88eb81d83a342d.jpg

1f36710923240b3d5c2941a22c94af22.jpg

The grip is still wet so I can't do a working demo

But here's the mockup in action

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xzq1vnn0irt2tsd/20161124_090239.mp4?dl=0

The system has two circuits.

The first is rigged up to the scope. Which houses 2 leds and is powered by batteries which are sitting in the removable mag and illuminates once the trigger is partially squeezed and stays lit until released.

ccd433ac43b3bbb190d74b95e6f65e38.jpg

The second is for the lights and sound which kicks in when the trigger is fully pressed. Batteries are in a tube which sits inside the rear spring. Again easy access being the aim.

21113cdf8ad116725c740200d0c3b4d3.jpg

Cheers

Marc

Edited by CTID
  • Like 4

Hi Marc, blaster and stand are looking good and you are already aware of the issue with the front sight.

Is that imperial cog engraved into the surface of the acrylic glass? Just asking because (sorry to say) the design is wrong :o

Can you still fix this? Sorry, man. :wacko:

Hi Marc, blaster and stand are looking good and you are already aware of the issue with the front sight.

Is that imperial cog engraved into the surface of the acrylic glass? Just asking because (sorry to say) the design is wrong :o

Can you still fix this? Sorry, man. :wacko:

Another weenie up! It's clear self adhesive contact paper stuck to the underside of the perspex so easy to fix. Cheers T

Marc

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update on the blaster trunk.

I began this in readiness for an up coming troop. However I have managed to source an alternative (depending on the size ) so this is now a project which will be handed over to my boy.

Paint application went OK, but, no matter what I do, the paint won't key. Plan is to clear lacquer it heavily once done.

White panels are self adhesive PVC.

Red felt lines the recess.

Next up is the lid, varnish and decals.

c2ef43ac4181e6acf3a08ba01b55e9fd.jpg

Marc

• 3 months later...

Ok, so I got sick of my bolt lever snapping off. I decided to take action. I trimmed down a small spring, filled the hole on the bolt and drilled it out. Replaced the post with the spring. A little tidying up needed, but it seems to do the job!

7ff2103c6e83e835e5891d8945648fa8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...