TK-22187 Requesting (ANH STUNT) EIB status [Anovos][634]

Please consider the attached for EIB status

Name: Mike Larsen
Legion ID: TK-22187
Forum Name: Sam Crow
Garrison: Southern California Garrison
501st Member Page: http://www.501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=20528
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 230
Armor maker: Anovos
Helmet maker: Anovos
Blaster: HFX
Canvas Belt: Kittle
Holster: Anovos

Internal Strapping: MrNoStripes
Hand Plates: JustJoseph latex
Electronics: UKSWRATH's fans, amp, hovi-tip speakers, hearing assist. Also ICOMM and mp4 player.
Boots maker: TK Boots/Size 11
Neckseal: Anovos

Photos:

Front

tk-front.jpg

Back

tk-backside.jpg

Left

tk-left-hands-up.jpg

Right

tk-right-hands-up.jpg

Front no helmet

tk-front-nohelmet.jpg

Action

tk-action.jpg

Left side detail

tk-left-detail.jpg

Right side detail

tk-right-detail.jpg

Abs detail

tk-abs-detail.jpg

Internal strapping

strapping.jpg

Cod to butt

codbutt1.jpg

codbutt2.jpg

Belt

belt.jpg

Holster attachment

holster-attachment.jpg

Thermal detonator

td.jpg

Neck seal

neck-seal.jpg

Helmet front

helmet-front.jpg

Helmet left

helmet-left.jpg

Helmet back

helmet-back.jpg

Helmet right

helmet-right.jpg

Hovi tips

hovi-tips.jpg

Lens color

lens-color.jpg

Helmet electronics

helmet-inside.jpg

Blaster left

blaster-left.jpg

Blaster right

blaster-right.jpg

Blaster back

blaster-back.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

There seems to be a lot of space between butt and kidney plate. And I think the belt should be flat and not angled downwards. Is your cod pulled up as tight as it can ?

it's tight. i fear it is my considerable girth, which at my age is probably not going to change. i can lengthen the shoulder straps a bit to bring everything down and tighter though that will increase the space between the collar and helmet. i tried to split the difference.

Hey Mike, thank you for your EI application, let's take a look.

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All submission photos have been posted. Your armor displays all the necessary elements to qualify for level 2. Welcome to Expert Infantry trooper!     :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers or ourselves. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor however, none of these suggestions will effect your EI status.

We have a few minor areas to mention so let's start from the top.

1 ) Helmet V-coder paint lines. We're encouraging troopers, especially with Anovos gear, to clean up the paint lines, they're a bit washed out. We've provided a screen armor reference below to illustrate our point. Using paint thinner or mineral spirits and a ear swab works pretty good.

hovi-tipsb.jpg

Reference photo

f316cad4-5241-4f0a-ae1b-9bd96b67b348.jpg

2) Shoulder bell to chest gap. We like to see this area as tight as possible. Maybe tightening the upper strap if possible, adding a lower strap and removing more lower return edge will bring areas closer together.

tk-front-cropc.jpg

Reference photo

Shoulder%20gap.jpg

3) Lower you chest and back plates plates. In certain instances your chest plate appears to hike over your ab ans well as your back plate has a pretty significant gap between it and the kidney. We're suggesting maybe you lengthen the chest to back plate straps allowing for both areas to relax and settle into place. This may also help with the butt plate to kidney gap, which is also being effected by the current pulling upward. There should be little to no gap in these areas.

tk-front-cropb.jpgtk-backside-crop.jpg

Reference photo

0cf05f11-ac6f-4c19-80cc-66c5f34160aa.jpggallery_14191_18_357016-crop_1.jpg

3) You've done a great job adding the shims to your armor. To make it look even cleaner we're suggesting you remove some of the upper return edge you created and then reposition the kidney to align with the ab a bit more evenly.

strapping-crop.jpgtk-left-detail-crop.jpgtk-right-detail-crop.jpg

Centurion Suggestions:

In this section myself or Sly may suggest recommended or required repairs prior applying for the Centurion level however, the accuracy it is ultimately up to you. In this section we have a couple areas we would like to see updated.

1) Though not mentioned in the CRL the forward facing cover strips on your biceps and forearms should be facing, well, forward. Yours appear twisted outward. Rotate the arm armor so the the areas illustrated in red are at the green locations. If you haven't done so already installing elastic between the sections .will keep the areas front and center.

tk-front-crop.jpg

Reference photo

gallery_14191_18_314894-crop.jpg

2) Waist belt drop box alignment. The CRL states the drop boxes are aligned with the outer edge of the ammo belt. A simple fix for this is to glue the drop box connecting strap the the cloth waist belt itself.

beltb.jpg

Here's a reference photo of Han bent over slightly. Even at this angle you can see hoe  the drop boxes are still aligned with the outer edge of his ammo belt.

gallery_12157_11_5412461-crop.jpg

That's it. A couple minor suggestions or fixes and we hope to see you at Centurion. Congratulations once more on a very nice build.    :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 1

Awesome, thank you guys. i had just taken my shoulder straps out a bit this weekend to see if that helped with the fitting but was waiting to hear your thoughts before i glued them back down. it seems to help quite a bit. thanks for all of the other tips as well, i will address them asap. I know you all spend a lot of time with each request and I (we) appreciate the effort it takes to run this program.

Awesome, thank you guys. i had just taken my shoulder straps out a bit this weekend to see if that helped with the fitting but was waiting to hear your thoughts before i glued them back down. it seems to help quite a bit. thanks for all of the other tips as well, i will address them asap. I know you all spend a lot of time with each request and I (we) appreciate the effort it takes to run this program.

It could just be that your arms are puffed out also. Let them hang naturally and see how they look then make adjustments if needed.

Thanks for the Kudos