From the PRO

Around the Detachment
Notable Troops

Just For Fun
Advanced Tactics Awards
Follow FISD

fromthedetachmentleader.png

Greetings Once Again!

I want to start this edition of from the Detachment Leader with a heart-felt thanks to everyone here that has been doing what you do, to make this Detachment the best place online for Stormtrooper enthusiasts to hang out and share things.  Like any other year, this one has already had some crazy twists and turns that have impacted what we're doing, but at the end of the day (as I've been told) it is the friendships that matter.  I like to think of the FISD in that regard, a great big group of friends hanging out.  Online.  I hope that all of you feel the same for the most part.

Kudos Are In Order!

Again, kudos to a number of members of the community here, as the Battlefront Shocktrooper CRL was green-lighted and approved for Legion approval as a new to the Legion costume on 15 August, 2016.  There was a great deal of collaboration and cooperation by many people, on many fronts both in the forums and behind the scenes, that made this newly discovered dream become a reality.  Like so many things, there was a bit of friction along the way, but in the end the FISD now has 13 Legion costumes to manage (with number 14 presumably following in the not to distant future).  Thank you again, to everyone involved in making it happen!

What are you new folks learning about the Legion?

This is something that has been popping up in discussions among active Legion members in more than one Garrison, as I understand it, quite frequently lately.  Although it is not specifically an FISD thing, I'm going to take a moment here to promote the Legion at large to you.  

This is not simply people in plastic and leather (that's an entirely different club), as I sort of mentioned in my first paragraph.  This is a global organization of Star Wars costumers, who have come together under a common banner and been recognized in many official ways by Lucasfilm as being an actual part of the Star Wars universe.  I hope that everyone takes that fairly seriously.  We are allowed to do the things that we do, because of how we do them across the globe.

While we are here to promote and help you with all things Stormtrooper, I feel that we have a further, and perhaps more important obligation as members, to ensure that you are learning about the 501st Legion itself as a result of your interactions with us here.  So, I encourage all of you to take a few moments to read through a few documents, starting with the Trooper Survival Guide.

This doesn't need to be done all at once.  In fact, it is probably better if you take these one at a time, and review them so that you are comfortable with them.  Next, go to the Legion's home page and click on the "About the 501st" drop-down link.  There, at the bottom, you will find "Operating Guidelines."  Spend some time with those documents.  Go and watch "Star Warriors" on YouTube.  See if you can find "Heart of an Empire" someplace, and watch it as well.

Next year will be a significant one for all of us in the 501st Legion.  August of 2017 will bring about the 20th Anniversary of the Legion, and of course, in May we will celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Star Wars.  

This is really something amazing that you are all either already a part of, or may be thinking about becoming a part of in the future.  Know what came before you, learn the stories, and the significance of all of it.  I believe that you'll be happy that you did, when all is said and done.  

The Most Awesome Thing About Most Successful Organizations Is The People

So, yeah, I've been pumping everyone's tires a little bit with this particular edition of From the Detachment Leader and there's a very specific reason for my doing so:  It is good every now and then to stop worrying about the day to day activities, hit the pause button, and let the people in your organization know that they're awesome.  

I personally appreciate and am thankful for each and every one of you, and what you bring to the table here at the FISD.  It has thrived for more than a decade now, because of the people.  It will continue to thrive, because of the people.  It is the best Detachment in the 501st Legion, because of the people!

Thank you.

You're all awesome!

With Unquestioned Loyalty,

Tim Waychoff
TK-51878 "Dark CMF"
Detachment Leader

fromthepro.png

Don't forget to write your very own story in our Trooper Log competition to win an autograph from Brian Muir!

•     Write a short story involving yourself (a Stormtrooper), a Star Wars character, a new made up character, or even all of them together! Darth Vader must be in the story in the form of a cameo, protagonist or even an antagonist.
  •     Word count: no minimum. Maximum of 500 words.
  •     The background story or premise must be followed. (Should add that the background is in no way part of the 500 words)

Participation is open to anyone but the FISD Staff Members.

Timeline: The competition begins in earnest on 17th August 2016 and shall end on 17th September 2016. The winner will be announced shortly after and the story showcased in the following month's FISD Newsletter.

Prize: Upon winning, FISD VIP (and also a member here) Brian Muir will mail his autograph directly to you! Fun fact for those of you who are not aware, Brian Muir sculpted the helmet and armor of Darth Vader, the armor of the Stormtrooper, as well as various props and characters throughout the Star Wars Saga.

In the month of May this year a poll was made that asked three questions:

Which armor do you like better? First Order or Empire? What Armor are you Wearing? What FO TK Are You Wearing

Go to the page linked below to find out the results or if you haven't already answered the poll do add to the results and share your opinion!

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/37310-the-what-armor-are-you-wearing-poll-2016-edition/

*Do note that you would need 501st access in this forum to view and participate in the poll.

Evan Loh
TK-24127 "Holnave (evan_loh)"

FISD Public Relations Officer

aroundthedetachment.png

gallery_18732_76_27958.png

The FISD is currently looking to fill quite a few positions in the Imperial Attache program, and is looking for qualified people to fill them.  Our main goal is to have at least two in every Garrison, and at least one in every Squad and Outpost.

Some of the main missions of this program include:

1.  Being a liason between your unit and the FISD, keeping us informed of news, updates, etc. of things happening in your area.

2.  Being active on the boards (both here and on a local level) helping new recruits, answering questions, welcoming new folks to the FISD.

3.  Assisting and encouraging both new and approved members to reach EIB and Centurion level.

The qualifications are:

1.  Have official status as a full, active 501st Legion Stormtrooper.

2.  Must have built your own armor.

3.  Be in good standing with the FISD and your local unit, and not under any disciplinary action.

4.  Be an active participant on the FISD and your local boards.

5.  A suggested level of EIB or above.

Benefits:

1.  In addition to the title FISD Imperial Attache, you will have access to the Imperial Propaganda Machine area of the FISD - the same area as the photoshop team (Combat Photographers) and other extended staff in order to share ideas, information, file reports, and ensure any best practices are shared among the entire team.

2. Access to the Attache Headquarters section-  To discuss things related to the position.

3. Access to merchandise for Attaches only, (patches, rockers) etc. to wear proudly.  

To see the Attaches in your area, or if it needs one, a list (in progress) of all Garrisons/Squads (Outposts coming soon) can be found here: http://www.whitearmo...st-in-progress/

So, if you enjoy helping future, new, and present TKs out, have a good working knowledge of armor, and are interested in joining up, just post on the link listed below with your qualifications and reason(s) for wanting to be a part of the program. We will review your post, and get back to you as soon as we can.  If you have any specific questions, you are more than welcome to PM me, and I look forward to welcoming you to the rank of Imperial Attache!

Click here to find out more!

Joseph Pedigo
TK-10963 "justjoseph63"

FISD Amabassador

Rouge One Troopers

It’s an exciting time for Star Wars fans, with new movies and media scheduled to come out frequently in the next few years.

Every new piece that comes out is another opportunity for more of the cold, shiny plastic we love so much. With Rogue One due out at the end of 2016, we’re already seeing some people putting together new suits for both the Shoretrooper and Deathtrooper.

Whitearmor member Jimmiroquai is working on both Shore and Deathtrooper kits at the moment. His tailor sewed some soft parts based on World War II-type patterns. He is sculpting helmet pieces as well as the rest of the armor for both types of troopers and the prototypes are looking really nice. He did sign ups for a first run, and the wait list filled up in just 12 hours. You can check out Jimmy’s thread an all the progress on both troopers here: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/38197-jimmiroquai-rogue-one-builds/

Mitcheg1 has also got a thread going about the Deathtrooper. Greg’s got a good list going of where to get individual parts, with lots of pieces yet to be tracked down. His will be a good thread to keep an eye on if you’re interested in starting a Deathtrooper. Check out what he’s got together so far: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/38135-rogue-one-death-trooper-build-thread/

Darren from Purgeworx has got a Shoretrooper bucket in the works. It’s over on facebook, so you can hop over there if you want to check it out. As of now, he’s not sure about the size of the runs he’ll be doing, and is planning to probably ship just within the UK. You can check out the main Purgeworx page here, and click around to see all the other cool props they’re working on, too: https://www.facebook.com/Purgeworx/?pnref=lhc

There seems to be a little contention about which detachment the Shoretroopers will end up in. They could go to Special Ops, Pathfinder, or possibly elsewhere. It’s been determined that Deathtroopers will be a part of Special Ops. I’m looking forward to seeing what whitearmor members end up doing with these new troopers! If you’re working on a Shoretrooper or a Deathtrooper, share your progress!

Alison Machado

“manyhighkicks”

notabletroops.png

Murray Symphony Troop July 9th

13592393_1201756179847492_15720673553068

13619830_10209793776178531_4398046294355

More here: http://www.whitearmo...symphony-troop/

By: Aron, TK, 91091

Visiting the NASA Booth at Comicpalooza

iXzQ82Il.jpg

XvJxkq5l.jpg

More here: http://www.whitearmo...ooza-pic-heavy/

By: Jack, SkulShurtugalTCG , 69004

Princess Margaret Hospital Foundation Family BBQ

pmh3.jpg

pmh1.jpg

More here: http://www.whitearmo...ion-family-bbq/

By: Glen, gmrhodes13, 85421

Birthday Party For Autistic Child

20160716_160300_zps7oapinoj.jpg

20160716_155715_zps6z1uclmc.jpg

More here: http://www.whitearmo...hild-seneca-sc/

By: Bryan, trooper96 , 14082

Relay For Life Southend -on-Sea

IMG_4618_zpsxdmimkrv.jpg

IMG_4626_zpssvnedw8j.jpg

More here: http://www.whitearmo...-sat-30-jul-16/

By: Pete, nosamp, 7414

Glen "Q" Rhodes
TK-85421 "gmrhodes13"
Imperial Propaganda Department

justforfun.png

One of our very own members have decided to take a big leap in his life: a decision that will change his life forever.

We are talking about our very own Derek TK-26212 . After months of preparation and communication with the help of Southern California Garrison and the Rebel Legion, Derek set up an "ambush" on his girlfriend that would lead him to ask her for her hand in marriage. We'll let the video below do all the talking from here on!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=6A3XvQ1BMfQ&app=desktop

fab4a66c5013d4a79fbf2d955bae05f5.jpg

c48759d0f0065586d54159360ee25d27.jpg

Evan Loh

advancedtactics.png

This month the 1st Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment would like to congratulate:

Expert Infantry Badge Award:
expert_infantry_badge1.png

Chris Bell "bells0" TK-83115

Hunter Nelson "HunterDisarm" TK-81457

Preston Christman "Pretzel" TK-91488

Jim Moser "MoSc0ut" TK-50899

Joseph "justjoseph63" TK-10963

Dave "Skorpion1974" TK-14274

Walt Warner "FireTrooper911" TK-52860

Sebastian Depaola "sebadepa" TK-31124

Christian Meyer-Zurwelle "Novak Dimon" TK-21518

Tom Alford Finnegan "YIYO" TK-28125

Reno Rodriguez "TK11369" TK-11369

Victor Martin Guzman "Traumtrooper" TK-19811

Jack Sauder "SkulShurtugalTCG" TK-69004

Carlos Mendoza "Solcar23" TK-5924

Dale Evans "Squaddiechef" TK-23812

Tom Rogers "TK-Tom" TK-19764

Chris Johnson "gromitsdad" TK-71430

Theo van Geffen "ScaryGuy" TK-31026

Brian Payne "Darkpain714" TK-50976

Centurion Award:
centurion_badge.png

Gary Crowell "TK-22019" TK-22019

Joseph Chan "tk4949" TK-4949

Hunter Nelson "Hunterdisarm" TK-81457

Joe Marzocca "The Chief" TK-98239

Steve Tennison "Chip" TK-24271

Samuel Ibon Solórzano Rodríguez "Hades" TK-24637

Sebastian Depaola "sebadepa" TK-31124

David Qian "JodoYodo" TK-30307

Jerome Fabry "Yooda2004" TK-41274

Fernando Sánchez Llorca "Lord Darzu" TK-71987

Joseph "justjoseph63" TK-10963 now with three Centurion certificates! ANH Stunt, ANH Hero,and HWT Centurion. Kudos for all the hard work!

Stand tall and be proud of what you have achieved troopers. You will now be deployed into the First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Advanced Tactics Roster.

May you be an inspiration and beacon for aspiring troopers who want to look the best!

Make us proud troopers!

The FISD is always looking for new applicants for our Advanced Tactics program so please do not hesitate to apply if you meet the standards! Our Deployment Officer and armorers are here to help and guide you through to success!

Feel like your armor is up to standards and worth of recognition? Apply for the Expert Infantry Badge Program now!

Want to go the extra mile, raise the standards of Stormtrooper armor, and be the envy of your peers? Apply for the Centurion Program now!

Note: Applicants need to be EIB approved before applying for Centurion.

Evan Loh

followfisd.png

Don't Forget We're on Facebook and Twitter!

Facebook: www.facebook.com/whitearmor
If you're on FB, stop by and say hi, ask questions, and share stories!

Twitter: www.twitter.com/FISD501st or @FISD501st
follow FISD on Twitter!

Instagram: www.instagram.com/501stfisd

Evan Loh

On behalf of the 1st Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Command Staff and the Imperial Propaganda Department,

<End Transmission>

• Like 5

Thanks for including our big day in the NL!! I can't express enough gratitude to my family in the Southern California Garrison and Rebel Legion. Although, as you can see in the video, my mind went blank and I could barely get out the words I thought I had down pat. Ha ha ha.... You have now seen the reason TK-21129, Teri, calls me Mr. Mumbles.

• Like 1

Awesome newsletter as usual! Tim, your message speaks volumes. Great people here for sure with an excellent captain leading the ship! Thanks always. <br>

Congrats Derrek! Cool way to propose.

• Like 1

Good news letter guys.  Good luck with filling the attaché program, might it be worth giving some practical examples of work that the team does?

Edited by themaninthesuitcase

• 2 weeks later...

Good news letter guys.  Good luck with filling the attaché program, might it be worth giving some practical examples of work that the team does?

Good call, Chris!  In addition to helping new recruits and existing TKs with 501st and armor related questions, Imperial Attaches also host/and or attend armor parties, give advice on a local level, and represent the FISD at it's finest.  These individuals are selected because of their commitment to furthering the knowledge of and keeping up the standards of the Detachment, as well as promoting good will and encouraging advancement in ranks, (EIB and Centurion).  These Troopers are volunteers, and have been selected because of their contributions to the good of the Empire, the Legion, and the FISD. 

They are here to assist you as needed.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...