Anovos ANH Stunt - Looking for critiques

R5-D4

After months of working on and off, I've nearly completed my Anovos kit. I'm looking for any advice or critiques you guys have. Right now, the biggest issue I have is movement. I'm thinking about possibly trimming the back of the shins and thighs at the knee. What you do all think?

ikPNDLIl.jpg

2ZoWPPRl.jpg

6cvSCHol.jpg

XovmvE8l.jpg

8edqz9Vl.jpg

0PrAYPZl.jpg

Looks like you've done a darned good job, Nick!  I would suggest posting up a few detailed, close up photos of the areas you are thinking about trimming before taking off any material.  It may affect your application if too severe, and there may be alternatives if you are having a problem in those areas.  Also, do you find that the tops of the thigh pieces chafe in the rear because of the return edges?  Those can be completely removed if uncomfortable, and are not needed for any level.

Some closer shots of your armor in general will help as well, but it looks great overall!  Perfect alignment on your back.kidney connection.

Looks great! Couple of things I have noticed:

The thighs look a little long to me. This can cause mobility issues. I know I did for me! I would suggest trimming a little off the top of the thighs. I used a pencil and drew my line all the way around the top then trimmed and sanded. That will help a lot! 

Also another thing that will help would be to cut out some of the back of the thighs. If you look at the screen references you can see that most troopers have a pretty good size "U" shape cut out of the return edge on the back. That gives you more room to bend you legs.

I hope this helps!

Hi Nick

Great job with that armour mate, very clean and tidy.

As Joseph has mentioned, return edges on the top of thighs can be removed for comfort, and are not a requirement. You can scallop out the ridge at the back of the thigh bottoms and the top of the rear of your shins, but don't go to crazy. Look at some screen caps from the movie and other Centurion applications where the same thing has been done. I had to do mine so I could walk, so it is not uncommon.

Manny will say, get basic approval first, then modify your armour to suit, and I agree with this, but comfort is an important thing as is mobility.

• Like 1

Hi Nick,<br>

Congratulations! Your armor is looking great! Good work mate. :)<br>

To improve the mobility I walked around and removed the parts that bite me. <br>

First I removed all the return edges from the bottom back of the things and the rear shins. After that no U-shaped cuts were necessary at the back of the knees. <br>

The next point that I see is that the top rear of your tights is touching the butt plate. <br>

My recommendation again is: walk around and check out the area that gets caught and struck. Then gently shorten that area and try again. That might need some time but cutting less more often will end up with the best result. <br>

The front is looking good. The area is looking like my armor and I have no problems there. But if the top of the fore thighs is sticking into your pelvis feel free to correct this area too. Just make sure to keep the shape of the part. :)<br><br>

Best regards!<br>

Christian

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...