E6000 removal tips

RLH2515

Ok so I smeared some e6000 when I was putting on the outside cover strip. Any advice on removal ? Scraping of is there a cleaner that will remove the smeared area ?

I'd let it dry mate. If its a really thin layer, a little bit of friction using the tips of your fingers wiill bring it off. If its quite thick then you can pick at it, and pull it off

http://www.ukgarrison.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=61082

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?/topic/38021-CTID's-RWA-ANH-Stunt-WIP......-501st-Here-we-go!

• Like 3

For e6000 that has squirted outside a cover strip, I use a guitar pick (a Jim Dunlop nylon pick to be exact). I run it up and down the edge of the cover strip and the friction brings up the glue real easy and leaves that clean strip area. You can use a piece of your scrap as well. As long as it's not harder than your armor it's not going to wear into the material

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For e6000 that has squirted outside a cover strip, I use a guitar pick (a Jim Dunlop nylon pick to be exact). I run it up and down the edge of the cover strip and the friction brings up the glue real easy and leaves that clean strip area. You can use a piece of your scrap as well. As long as it's not harder than your armor it's not going to wear into the material

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with letting it dry. One thing that can help when using your finger to rub the glue off is to use a rag (ideally white fabric so no danger of rubbing dye into the white armor!) over your fingertip. I use old cut up undershirts for this, and it works well. Adds some extra friction, but still no danger of scratching, plus less wear and tear on your fingertip!

• Like 1