Leg Day

So, I said before I'd be posting the issues I am having with my leg parts. These are two photos that show where they sit, and give an idea of how I want to alter them to fit. I would love insight before making the changes and cuts. The parts are held together inside with some loose tape to keep them in place. The boot leg is open in back because the tape popped free. It's not generally that loose.

The red lines on the top and bottom are where I intend to cut. The green lines at the knee are where my knee is sitting inside and how I have no range of motion.

Edited by Grave

Hopefully you haven't attached the back cover strips, Chris.  I would trim the tops of the thighs first..  this will give you a better idea of the fit.  It may seem like a pain, but I would do it in increments... you can always take more off if needed.  I suggest doing the tops and back, but leaving the inside for now, otherwise you may have too much of a gap, (see below).  I would also hold off on trimming the bottoms of the calves for now.  You may end up cutting them too short, and they will ride over your boots.  You might want to actually have the boots on when fitting to give you a better idea of the final look.

I used a blue line, (it's a bit wide), but the area I mean is the top of the line, not the bottom, if that makes sense.

4b159474-8f44-48fb-aa5a-a8b84c526d91_zpskfwvur1x.thumb.jpg.ff1ba6959f51023dd13a0772c5c41578.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

Makes sense. And everything is taped at the moment, not glued. I've not made ANY commitments to the parts other than a loose hold for the picture. If I trim as you suggested, wouldn't that alter the leg to have a different shape at the top than it should? Or is that ok to do?

Side question: Say you hammer one of the snaps in too hard and warp it? What's the best way to pop the warped snap out?

I used a drill to remove such snaps. Use the same diameter the hole for the snap has and It will fell off easily.

Makes sense. And everything is taped at the moment, not glued. I've not made ANY commitments to the parts other than a loose hold for the picture. If I trim as you suggested, wouldn't that alter the leg to have a different shape at the top than it should? Or is that ok to do?

If you follow the curve when you trim, it will still be close in shape, and therefore would not be an issue. I agree with Joseph, that you want to leave the inside of the thighs alone if possible.

I had to remove an inch off the top of my thighs, for the same reason that you are pointing out. I did this in small (1/4") increments, and it helped immensely.

On the shins, definitely get your boots first before sizing them to your calves. It makes a world of difference.

When I made the legs fit I buckled em on and walked around. Then I removed material where it was biting me. The first I removed was the return edge at the back of the shins and thighs. That will help a lot!

But wear your boots as well as the Posterior and Abdomen armor to keep the overall look in sight.

Better cut less more often than to much at a time. ;)

Start with the shins until you can walk comfortable and add the things after finishing them. For the things I recommend to build a belt to hold them. Then you can wear them without the Ab-Armor and the adjustment of the fit is more comfortable. You can check my build to see how I made mine.

Cheers

Christian

Edited by Novak Dimon