Bondo?

SkulShurtugalTCG

Did a search, didn't find an answer, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I just got a Jim FOTK kit. It's not here yet, so I'm taking the time to research everything I'll need to put it together.

I've seen practically everyone say that you need bondo for the kit. The problem is they don't specify what kind; I looked it up and there are about a jillion bondo types. Does anyone have a specific recommendation? Does it even matter? Thanks for your help!

~~Tk-69004

Use the standard Bondo 2-part body filler if you're going Bondo.  Better yet, save your trimmings and do Sludge instead.  It does take longer, but it looks and lasts a LOT longer if done correctly.  Since it's essentially the same material as the armor, it has similar flex, expansion, and contraction characteristics as the armor itself.  Bondo will eventually crack and require a full cleanup/overhaul..!

Bondo makes fiberglass version. Just use the two part bondo. You are better off using more cement than Bondo. Bondo is not structural it's cosmetic. I don't think fiberglass and acetone make sludge.

Figured I'd have to paint the armor anyway since that's what I've seen most other builds do. Is it NOT required to match the Anovos helmet?

Armour and helmet must match as close as you can. Otherwise it will just look wrong.

Use the standard Bondo 2-part body filler if you're going Bondo. Better yet, save your trimmings and do Sludge instead. It does take longer, but it looks and lasts a LOT longer if done correctly. Since it's essentially the same material as the armor, it has similar flex, expansion, and contraction characteristics as the armor itself. Bondo will eventually crack and require a full cleanup/overhaul..!

Sludge meaning fiberglass trimmings and acetone or mixing up slush fg ?

• 2 weeks later...

I've got Jim's Phasma and I've done a mix of Bondo, Apoxie Sculpt and Poly-Flex (a flexible filler, similar to bondo). Apoxie is good for filling in the mirrored bits of the armor (forearm clip locations etc.). Bondo is good for the usual filling stuff. I haven't heard of sludge before tonight so that's cool! Good luck! If you're on facebook, look up his build page. It helps and it's a great group of people who know the kit's quirks and how to work with them.